Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Duncan, May 12, 2004.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

What the heck is a sticky ? How do you make one ? Why would you want one ?

2. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Duncan, it's a thread that stays at the top of the forum list, regardless of age or the date of the last post. So far as I can see, the only threads that are acting like stickys are the ones made by Skip.

edit: I went into individual forums and the stickys appear at the top of each forum. I usually view New Posts. The stickys don't stay at the top of that view because it is a composite of latest posts across forums.

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Personally, I find sticky's to be annoying... for the most part, they aren't worth staying on the first page to begin with...

4. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

LOL, I was wondering that myself:p

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

6. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Well... I made a post, that was made "Sticky" by a Moderator. Here is the URL for it.
    http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55165
    They DO serve a purpose. MINE, was meant to get Fathers involved in the Parenting forum. As we all know, in the US Court system, the MOTHER gets all the rights if parents get divorced. I hope to make Fathers aware that they have rights too. EQUAL rights! One day, if my thread has enough posts, and quality advice to Fathers, I hope it will become a Forum of its own. (Under PARENTING)
    Besides. Those of us who have been around here for a long time, get TIRED of answering the same question over & over again. (How do I...)