Stick your head in the scanner!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by amybird, Jan 28, 2009.

1. amybird

amybird Senior Member

2. shadygrov

shadygrov Member

way cool.

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

very cool esperecialy the ear tats :)
    umm though 1 question
    when u look at the big 1 (1st 1) those white clumps in the 1 dread
    did u make the mistake of using wax?

id try this but i dunno where my scanner is.. and i have 2 a flastbed and an all in 1 printer thing, of i stick my head in thatyt it'll be mangled

4. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

WOW that's amazing... When I get me new scanner printer thing I'll try it xD

Doesn't the light from it hurt your eyes?

5. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

waooooo,I love those^^how long have you had em?what a wicked first post:)x

6. Mabster

Mabster Member

Those are absolutely MINT!
    How old are they? Loving the ear tat.. I just have the one on my arm.. how was it getting them there?

7. amybird

amybird Senior Member

oooh yay i'm liking your nice responses :) thankyou!
    i wondered if anyone would spot the white bits; no they're not wax, they're just leftover bits of hemp twine that got stuck in there. i could probably get them out if i tried really hard hehe
    i'm in the first week of month 8. actually i did use wax once. infact *hangs head in shame* i started my dreads with the full-on dreadhead hq dread kit approach, like just another ignorant person scared of ruining their hair and desperate to take all possible precautions, especially if they're on a nice big professional-looking website. yep. but i dumped the wax after about 8 weeks, and now cannot imagine why on earth anyone would want wax on their dreads. doh.
    don't think my dreads suffered any long-term damage, just a stunt in their growth at first.

find your scanners people!!

8. amybird

amybird Senior Member

oh, and i guess the light might have hurt my eyes if i stared straight at it...but i didn't :p
    and yay i love my ear tats :) it was a bit of a difficult place from the tattooist's point of view, as he couldn't really rest his arms properly anywhere or stretch my ear very much. most of the pain was from the ear-stretching lol

9. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Snap!! I got the kit too, used the wax once to start them off and didn't use it for a while, a month or two ago someone waxed my dreads again for me but caked them in it... ( I thought he would know what he was doing!!) And they felt discusting for a week till I washed the shite out!! So never again!! I've never liked wax, never liked the feel of it but I was lead on!!

Mine are almost 8 months now :) But I've fucked them about alot so some are really awesome and some ive had to re-do so are back to being babies :(

Really impressed with your dreads :D They look a whole load older than 8months :D

10. soaringeagle

ahh i understanbd bout the hem,p
    another reason i was reluctant to scan is mine are 18 1/2 years, from the age and dragging in the ground and through mud and you mname it the ends sure have alotta fuzz and stuff in em
    i thought scanning would really make that stand out...lol

ther closest i can offer is a closeup pic of them in a pile
    [​IMG]
    if i find a scaner i'll try to scan

11. soaringeagle

i was just looking at the dread diary slideshow on your homepage, your very pretty, but that damn kit made uu look ptretty goofy awhile
    luckily thgey settled in and dreaded fine you look very awesome now ;)
    \

12. Mabster

Mabster Member

I see you are in Norway!! Where abouts? I'll wave to you from across the water:D

13. amybird

amybird Senior Member

You have so much hair lol :D

14. amybird

amybird Senior Member

I'm quite far south actually, a place called Fredrikstad, so we're about level I think. *waves frantically*

Lucky you where you live...one of these days I'll get to the Scottish islands :)

15. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

start swimming now and youll be there in a few weeks =]

16. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Hehe...yeh I was looking back through them all the other day. I think the couple of weeks after I stopped waxing were the worst because the damage really became apparent; it had really caused them to slide out a lot. My hair has a natural waviness...I think if I hadn't used any wax at all, its natural tendency to contract would have made some much faster knots.
    Thanks for the compliments too :eek:

17. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Although us Brits all have childhood experiences of being thrust into the North Sea and told it's "invigorating" I think I'll pass on that :p

18. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I stuck my head in the scanner and found I had 10000% too much dandruff.

I may post pics later, but I'm making fudge.

19. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

invigorating my arse, i hate the north sea. cant say i blame you haha

20. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

I'm not good with my seas xD But the bit between the south of the UK and france is pretty warm :) Mmmm beaches