Stevie Wonder anyone?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Penny, May 21, 2004.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I can't really say that I know his music very well, because I only heard one album, Innervisons, and only twice - but I certainly plan to listen to it more, I just didn't get around to it recently.

I really like it, I love Stevie's voice and singing style, he's a great singer, and I like the style if the album - soul-funk-pop, I'd say... but I have no idea if the rest of his music sounds the same, I feel kinda lost in my world if you see what I mean, for not knowing that much about his music, cause I won't say he's not known!

What are your thoughts on Innervisions and on his music in general? Any advice for me (more albums by him - similar stuff by other artists)?

2. Jim

Jim Senior Member

Stevie Wonder is amazing!

I don't think you can really go wrong with any album, from his 1971 album Where I'm Coming From,right through to Songs In The Key Of Life ... Every one is filled with so much soul and emotion.. Hotter Than July is another recommended album also..

I wish I could think of more to say because Stevie is one of my favourite artists.. lol :)

3. mmmnuggets

mmmnuggets Member

yes i love him

4. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

When I was 12 I was into his musi I had some vinyl s of him and they were great. He sang about Jah the mighty . my kinda guy Stevie.

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Thanks for the advice jim! :) Okay tonight I'm gonna listen to the album again on my headphones.

And Starfly, those are beautiful lyrics indeed!

6. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Little Stevie Wonder!! WOOHOO!!!!!

I do like his music. Innervisions is a great album as is Talking Book. I have to admit that I'm not too fond of some of the 80's stuff, like I Just Called To Say I Love You. A little too Casio for my tastes. But every performer has their highs and lows, right?

7. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Great, great musician. I haven't heard any of his albums (well, other than his Greatest Hits albums), but he's just a great, great musician.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I like his music. Talking Book is my favorite.