Steps to not getting carded for alcohol: Give this a shot

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Infinite Sky, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Infinite Sky

Infinite Sky Member

This has worked a few times now and I'm thinking that there's something to it. Thoughts?

Not Getting Carded at a Gas Station

Preface: There are essentially two schools of thought with regard to the underage purchase of alcohol without a fake I.D.: 1) The store clerk has a steadfast predisposition of whether or not to card customers, or 2) Certain measures can be taken to coax the store clerk into giving you – the underage customer – the benefit of the doubt. The process outlined below caters to those who subscribe to the latter of the two outlooks.

The Approach: The approach taken relies heavily on two basic principles: deterrence and illusion. To be more specific, the store clerk will be inclined – but not necessarily obligated – to believe you are in fact of age upon observing your actions. Furthermore, those same actions have the propensity – but not the assured outcome – to discourage verbal acknowledgement from anyone else in the store (including the clerk).

Before You Get Started:

*Take the beer money out of your wallet and wrap it around some credit cards (wallets make it too easy to flash an I.D. and therefore should not be used)

*Arrange for someone to come along so they can call your cell phone shortly after entering the gas station

*Take any simple measures you can to alter your physical appearance so as to look as old as possible (a hat, facial hair, conservative clothing, ect.)

The Procedure:

1) Pull up at a pump and put a few dollars worth of gas in the car (make sure you know which pump you’re at)

2) Enter the gas station and head to an area where the clerk can see you – do not make eye contact

3) Your phone should begin to ring (this is where the teamwork aspect comes in)

4) Pull the phone out of your pocket and allow it to ring once or twice more to ensure the clerk is aware of it

5) Answer the phone while still in earshot of the clerk

6) Immediately make it clear that there is a disagreement between you and the person on the other line (the fact that it is a disagreement affords you the “right” to speak loudly)

7) As you delve into the conversation, begin heading towards the beer display

8) Details about the subject of your phone conversation will be sparse as only one side of the dialogue can be heard by bystanders; this can easily be compensated for by making it clear that the topic of the argument is of an esoteric nature which, for whatever reason, listeners-in have a tendency to take a passive interest in.

8b) The esoteric nature of the conversation also creates an air of assumption that, for the problem to have arisen in the first place, the partakers in the dialogue must hold an esteemed position or degree of knowledge that could only be achieved by an individual who is of at least the age of 21.

8c) The topic should vary depending on where the purchase is taking place: a college town, for instance, offers ripe conditions for scientific jargon beyond the scope of laymen to be employed, with the argument being centered around something like a proposal due by “X/XY”, or overcoming the problem of gaining entrance into “Dr. ABC’s” laboratory by a certain date to examine the results of the tests on “XYZ.” Assuming the identity of a mechanic, construction worker, or any other type of hands-onl job that requires some training may also work.

9) Still immersed in the pseudo-conversation, casually go about the process of grabbing the beer

10) With the beer in hand, begin to head back towards the cash register.

11) The exchange of dialogue should speed up considerably as you approach the cash register (this will keep the clerk from being able to readily interject)

12) Upon reaching the cash register, continue talking and pull out a sufficient amount of money; the money that’s wrapped around your stack of credit cards should be fairly messy to deter the clerk from asking to fish your driver’s license out of it with your one free hand (you’re still on the phone)

14) Begin firing off some one-word responses to the person on the other line to create the illusion that you’re being talked to quite a bit at this point.

15) Quickly pull away the receiver of the phone and tell the clerk which pump you’re at; put the receiver back up to your mouth just as quickly

13) At this point the argument should become particularly heated, making any attempt at interjecting seem both difficult and unappealing to the clerk

14) If you have not been carded at this point you’re probably home free – continue talking and exit the same way you entered.

Some Words of Advice:

*Acting as if time is an issue can work to your advantage as long as you don’t piss the store clerk off in the process of doing so

*If there are multiple employees in the gas station, take notice of their behavior: continue if it is affable; if not, try somewhere else

*Avoid liquor stores: they are specialized for the sale of alcohol which makes the procedure of carding customers unique to that type of establishment (and therefore more likely to occur)

*Be wary of crowds, as they have a tendency to change the dynamic of social situations (this may rule out grocery stores)

*Don’t bother if you can’t even pass for 18

1 person likes this.
  2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

yea, i'll go ahead and give those a try,

if not i'll just whore myself to older men for crystal meth

3. ledzeppelinlover

ledzeppelinlover Member

wow that sure is a lot of directions just for some beer

4. Infinite Sky

Infinite Sky Member

We were drinking beer at the time it was written...:)

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

wow, i had an easier time jumping a barbed wire fence, picking up a 30 rack and jumping the fence again...

6. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Sounds complicated. Id probably end up laughing and mess it up. Im a really bad liar.

Im over 21 anyways though so...... :)

7. Infinite Sky

Infinite Sky Member

It's not at all complicated if you think about it: walk in, make it seem as if you're 21 through what you say, and then make youself out to be a hastle to deal with through the way you say it. ...It's actually kind of a fun too.

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i just show up pissed off with a couple small children in tow. i never get carded.

9. Infinite Sky

Infinite Sky Member

But getting carded is a little different when you're actually of age...

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

everywhere around here and everyplace i've been to in VT has carded...some places if your a regular won't card you, but thats different

11. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

i get carded maybe 50% of the time, and i've only been legal for 7 months. cold beer and wine stores almost never id me, and some bars don't even bother. canada is lazy, or maybe i should quit smoking...

12. Balloonatic

Balloonatic Senior Member

haha wow that sounds fuckin complicated.

i think cali is a lil different. by the time i was 13 i could walk into a paki mart wearing a low cut shirt & theyd sell me whatever. those motherfuckers cant speak english anyways they just wanna make their money

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

how infinately lame.

There's a reason why minors shouldn't be allowed to buy alcohol, they're idiodic enough as it is (no offense). But that's just my opinion.

14. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

there are 2 chain stores in our area that policy is to card everyone..

when im feelin old,, i always stop at one just to stroke my ego....:cheers:

15. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

That's too complicated, I'll stick to my method that allows me to not only drink underage, but also be lazy. I make my boyfriend buy it for me. Haha.

16. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

have a foot long beard

17. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

That tip works especially well for women. ^

18. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Ehhhh around here the beer @ gas stations are only 3.2 flu plus most of the gas stations have to scan your IDs soooo yeahhhh but eh I guess that was an interesting read

19. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

:confused: way too much work, I don't mind whipping out my ID at the bar or the liquor board store. Then again, I'm lallalalaaleeeegal

20. ruski

ruski Senior Member

speaking on the phone like that draws attention to yourself and makes it look obvious you are avoiding talking or even looking at the guy behind the counter. suspicious? yes. i dont get carded anymore and im only 21. (legal age is 18 here). they are supposed to ask anyone who looks under 25 for id. ive found that as a girl when i was a bit younger buying alcohol, i never got carded when i was going out and had nice clothes and makeup on. i guess that makes you look older...

my mate has a better way of buying beer underage which requires less acting... you just go in looking confident, dont look around too much, say hi hows it going, to the guy behind the counter go straight to the thing u want dont fuck around and when you come to the counter initiate a conversation with the guy about anything, smile alot be interested in what he/shes saying and ask questions. it seems to work pretty often.