Stephen King's "Hearts in Atlantis"

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by Star Cat, May 12, 2007.

1. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

Has anyone else checked out Stephen King's "Hearts in Atlantis"?

For those who don't know, it isn't a horror title: it's a work of fiction about college students coming of age through the hippie 60s.

I never even knew King wrote this sort of stuff, and snagged it off the shelf the moment I saw it because I was all interested. So far, I personally think it's pretty cool.

2. gempoet

gempoet Member

So, it sounds like you recommend it? I have the book, just haven't read it yet. Hopefully I can get to it this summer.

3. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

So far I do. I'm not that far into it yet, but so far it seems to be pretty good.

4. thered

thered Member

I was so ludicrously bored by the movie, even though it had Anthony Hopkins. I'll get around to the book someday, but King's stuff is really hit-or-miss for me.

5. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

There was a movie?

I never knew that!

I'm not wild about King's stuff, but this particular book had interested me due to its subject matter and because I personally didn't know he ever wrote any other fiction other than horror. ;)

6. thered

thered Member

Stephen King, write fiction other than horror? Hell yes he did! Check out his Dark Tower series. He wrote the first book of seven when he was 19 and the last one came out just a few years ago. It's very different than his usual stuff. It's like a weird mix of fantasy, sci-fi, western, a tiny bit of horror, some philosophy, and general action.