Step 5

Discussion in 'Recovery' started by wisp, Feb 6, 2012.

1. wisp

wisp Member

Grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Step 5
    Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

By speaking out this inner baggage the addict begins to let go of the things which have plagued he or she for years.

The Fifth Step is the key to freedom. It allows us to live clean in the here and now. Sharing the exact nature of our wrongs sets us free to live. After taking a thorough Fourth Step, we have to deal with what we have found in our inventory. We are told that if we keep these defects inside us, they will lead us back to using. Holding on to our past would eventually sicken us and keep us from taking part in this new way of life. If we are not honest when we take a Fifth Step, we will have the same negative results that dishonesty brought us in the past

2. uitar9

uitar9 Member

Thanks Wisp

Did my step 5 with an RC sister, about a month ago. She was the other human being. She does this as a vocation. To visualize my greater power, she lit a candle to represent god as I know god.

I walked out of her house in a different state of mind.

As other AA's have indicated, everyone in the world should do the steps. Imagine the amends that would occur in step 9 activity.

That's a whole other story

3. Astray

Astray Visitor

Let alone if everybody actively practiced step 10 on a daily basis.

Step 10: Continue to take personal inventory, and when you are wrong promptly admit it.