Steal This Movie - accuracy?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by cerridwen, Jan 18, 2005.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Is the movie true to what happened back in the day? Just curious....

2. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Regarding what? As a biography of Abbie Hoffman, it seems to jibe with the various books I have read, even if it left out a lot of stuff....

3. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

Hey, you mean there's a movie out about Abbie? I don't think it is here in Australia yet...or is it on dvd? I'd love to see it!

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I think it's one of the worst movies ever made... the guy can't act (seriously), they portrayed Abbie as not being the cool crazy mofo that he was, and they left so much of his life out. It's not like it could've been so hard to do.. he wrote in journals all the time, and they are published and easily available. Well except for the first two, but I found 'em at an old book store. Just takes some looking...

I was told not to watch it, and man I wish I didn't... I warned you.

5. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

Oh crap...trust them to stuff up a good thing as usual...who the f@#k does these things anyway?
    You'd think that someone who appreciated his life, had that vision, etc...would know enough to make a good movie, or choose a good actor. Now they've gone a f'd it up we'll probably never get a chance to see a movie about him again! Makes me soooo mad...