STD Testing

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Al13n, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Al13n

Al13n Member

How long should you wait, before you get Tested after having unprotected sex... yes I'm a fool.

2. greeneyedbaby

greeneyedbaby Member

I'm no genious on this, but i'd say before you have sex with a new partner, or if you're insecure.

3. PriceCheck

PriceCheck Senior Member

I'd say go as soon as you like and go back once six months have passed from the time of your unprotected conquest. I think HIV can take up to a year to show up in a test after you've contracted the virus.

4. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

I have a add on question to this one...are there free places that offer free STD tests?

5. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

I think planned parenthood offers free or subsidized testing. usually, you can call your city health official or any local hospital and they'll point you in the right direction

6. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I have a sticky link at the top of the Love and Sex page with STD info.... if you have any additional sites to add or need more help finding something, let me know. :)

7. Nightenchantress

Nightenchantress Member

some STD's can be detected within the first 24hrs, some take 6mnths to a year to be detected. Regular STD testing is best. And remember, alway go and pick up the results. Dont just get tested.

8. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

3 months is probably the best, HIV shows up after 3 months

9. Nightenchantress

Nightenchantress Member

WEBmd.com shows some of that information and if there are and especially if you are a woman - most cities have Center for Women's health. Also if you are in college, many colleges have Center's for Health and Counseling...they offer very cheap STD testing.