Statutory rape

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MaximusXXX, May 19, 2007.

1. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

I believe in age of consent laws but statutory rape is in my opinion a joke. In Canada for example the age of consent is 14, however once you become 18 it's different, there is a 2 year exception as far as I know in that if you're say 19 and she's 17, you're fine.

Now I did post this for personal reasons, here's my predicament, a friend of a friend, first met her when she was 15 and I was 17, but this was in March, my birthday is in May, now she was good looking but I wasn't interested in that sense at the time. Now skip ahead 2 years, I'm 19, she's 17, real hot now, first date was 2 months ago, was a month before we started an intimate relationship, now I knew this law long before then but it hit me a little hard a few days ago when I turned 20, and she's staying 17 till September. I don't have lengthy relationships and I've heard of some bad instances where the guy was in a similair position and the chick got pissed after the break-up and sued him.

I'm kinda scared I'll be honest but it's a stupid law.

2. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

wait a year.
    no sex is worth going to jail (unless you're really into prision sex).

3. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

So you're telling me I should wait till she turns 18 right?

4. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

You either try to protect those too young to have any true vision of the real world or you allow every pedophile in the world to take advantage of those too young to make an educated decision. Are you prepared to support any children you may create? I think you should dip your dick in someone a little older, or be patient and wait until this young woman has some life experience under her belt.

5. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Did you not read my first post, is me dating a girl a year older really all that different?

P.S. I discussed the child issue several times, condom+pill=fool proof, and even if by some chance she was to get pregnant I'd take full responsibility, after all she'd be done high school.

6. gardener

Yeah dating and having sex with a minor is illegal anyway you want to look at it.

7. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Keep in mind in Canada age of consent is 14, kay, and her 18th birthday is only like 3 months off.

8. gardener

Then find a girl in Canada.

9. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/library/PRBpubs/prb993-e.htm hope this clears it up for you.http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/Bills_ls.asp?Parl=38&Ses=1&ls=C2

10. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Are you blind?

Take a look at my profile.

11. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Hmm, I guesse that law of people over 18 and more than 2 year older than their partner who was under 18 is no longer illegal, I was lead to believe it was still in tact, reading that I came across it and it was repealed a while ago, okay then thanks.

This topic can still be a good point of discussion for those of you living in the states.