state your clinical disorders!

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Magical mystery tourguide, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Magical mystery tourguide

Magical mystery tourguide Senior Member

what clinical disorders do you 'have', and to what severity to they affect your life?

for me, its:

social anxiety (pretty severe, never leaves me at any moment)

aspergers (severe in the fascinations and obsessions I develop, but mild in how I function with others)

OCD (used to be severe, but I essentially have turned it off)

2. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

I've been diagnosed with depression, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, insomnia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Idk how this belongs in psychedelics though o.o

3. pr0ne420

pr0ne420 Senior Member

Sounds to me, like you guys are just human, and victims of big pharma... wake up friends

4. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

Sounds to me like, that unless you are afflicted with any kind of debilitating psychological disorder, that big pharma isn't always the bad guy and a little extra help in not wanting to be afraid to leave your house all the time or being afraid to buy value-packs of tylenol because you scare yourself sometimes, you should wake up my friend. :)

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

you probably could have overcome all those disorders with nothing but the power of your mind.

6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

i think i have a little bit of social anxiety, i can talk to people fine but when it comes to public speaking, i freak the fuck out

7. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Public speaking freaks a lot of people out - I think your example is a good one when it comes to big pharma companies pushing products.

"Oh, you feel sort of anxious? Take these pills and everything will be alright."

There are certain mental afflictions which I do agree that medication is helpful for, though, especially in the more severe cases. Everyone's brain chemistry isn't the same, and not everyone can overcome their problems simply by thinking differently.

At the same time, though, I am very wary of drugs that mess with brain/mood stabilizing chemicals.

All this to say.. pretty sure I have no clinical disorders.

8. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

Not if my brain is chemically different than that of a healthy brain

Trust me, if all that 'power of your mind' bullshit actually worked, it would have worked years ago. :)

9. CoolRunnings

CoolRunnings Member

nevermind

10. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

PTSD - which includes major anxiety all the time, worsened HPPD (or HPPD all by itself), extreme anger, freaking out over stupid shit e.g. a cone that looks like an IED, to much sleep one week and too little the next.

I know the mind is part of a lot of this. But I just could not stop myself from reacting to certain things a certain way. I know that a truck making certain loud sounds shouldn't feel like i've been hit by a needle with meth, ephedrine, and MDPV in my brain; but I couldn't stop it.

I still remember stopping in the middle of an intersection right when I got back because the radio played a song with a mortar sound... Err. Or when I was driving on the highway and there was a cop hiding behind this electrical building with a laser gun aiming at me... I almost jumped out of the car. Knowing its a mental thing, it made the anger side of it even worse because I couldn't get a handle on it. >_<

11. Jeph

Jeph Member

Im Pretty happy... continue on..

12. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

I know how you feel about that one, I think. I often rage so badly over the stupidest things. But when I'm mid busting a chair through a wall because of something that could have, in retrospect, been handled with a few words, there is literally nothing else going through my mind except for how astronomically angry that I am.

13. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Yeah, it sucks. Fortunately I was super mellow before this. So I don't hit or break stuff. Though I sometime almost do...

14. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

If I'm raging, you need to get out cuz I'mma break something. Every time.

15. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Lol, but then something is broken. That would make me even madder until everything on earth was destroyed. :p

16. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

Meh, i got some pussy ass add... what a joke, i was ever properly diagnosed either, I went to the DR. whom i can only assume was a psychiatrist(i was like 15 the last time i went, 9 the first time) and i was a little bad ass kid and my dad was diagnosed with add so they just gave me adderall..

Fuck adderall, i could never figure out why anyone liked it, i used to sell it cause all it would do is make me like a zombie, no personality, just zombie like, which leads me to believe i do actually have add and there is actually some chemical imbalance that causes it.

But lifes better without medication for me, i stopped taking that when i was 12 or 13.

17. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Thank god. Long term stim usage really fucks people up, like forever. They are just mentally weird after a few years of that everyday.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

I know nothing, nothing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3GSSH8RCk"]YouTube - Iraq casualties

19. SoulVibrations

SoulVibrations celestial viator

yea, my dad took desoxyn for a long time, not sure how long but its was awhile, he stopped taking anything all together a couple years ago. He has always been weird though.

20. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

The usual, depression and bi polar II. I have unusual cycles of it though, once every year or 2 I'll have an unprovoked episode of inconsolable depression/mania that lasts 3-6 months where I'm really, really unstable and out of my fuckin' mind, I'll make terrible self-destructive decisions, fuck up constantly even though I know what's right and wrong but I can't control it, the slightest thing will set me over the edge. I can function normally at work for the most part except for a few times I was sent home for extreme panic attacks, but the rest of the time I'm a wreck. I usually withdraw completely and I don't act out on it much except for the occasional panic attacks and I drink way too much during those periods, but I drive myself crazy being locked inside my own head and not even having the motivation to kill myself.

Then out of nowhere, I will wake up one day and be totally fine for another year or two... been like that my whole life and meds have only made it worse. I'm used to it by now though.