Star Wars VII+

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi Movies' started by Mason Grey, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Mason Grey

Mason Grey Member

what are your feelings about the new Star Wars movies??

i like JJ Abrams a lot
    i especially liked Fringe.

But i am worried about the tone of future Star Wars movies.......
    i would like to see them get much much darker;

The story of a fall of a Jedi
    is very interesting to me.
    i love a lot of the story of the fall of anakin,
    but i would like to see it explored much MORE in depth.

2. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Well, darker isn't necessarily better in my opinion. It's funny because I was recently having a conversation about the new Star Wars movies with someone else on here, lol.

Anyway, I personally would like to see the story of Luke and Mara Jade(and definitely about Luuke Skywalker the clone) depicted for the upcoming series. In which case, there would be some dark themes woven into the story as well because of the characters involved and so on. But ultimately, this would maintain the intergalactic romance theme that all of the past Star Wars films have dealt with.

In the original trilogy, there was Leia who initially enchanted both Luke and Han Solo, and later made her interest in the latter character known. The EP-I through EP-III were about Anakin and Padme which ended up being a tragedy but also resulted in the birth of Luke. The initial trilogy was not about Luke's romantic adventure, so the upcoming trilogy can deal with this, as the books already have.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I like it to be about Kyle Katarn :biggrin:

4. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I would like the director and producers to get back to more of a feel of the first three movies.To recreate the atmosphere and imaginative landscape of those.I found the latter three movies cold,stiff and sterile.I'm just biased though,because I like old school visual effects.They somehow feel more "real".

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

so I just watched the new trailer a couple times and heard all the talk about it not having luke in it.
    ok I know its a stretch but what if luke is the one that is masked. I know they already said he was played by some other actor which would make it that much more surprising when the big take off the mask reveal happens.
    it would really bring one of those "luke I am your father" moments to the new trilogy.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ep I to III suck big dogs balls

As long as we dont get them again, which we wont

I have faith in Abrams, it will be cool

1 person likes this.
  7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

thinking about what got me into star wars. (the lightsaber fights)
    the very reason I can give the bad story telling in 1-3 a pass is because I had waited about 20 years to see those great lightsaber battles.
    the story for the next ones better be good because it looks like the lightsaber fighting is an afterthought in the new one.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't think I have recovered from Phantom Menace enough to have any sort of expectations for this film.

Granted there is a ton that is different, but Phantom Menace sort of stripped a youthful acceptance I think I had going into it, that I'd just be enveloped in the Star Wars world and the acting, character development, script, etc. could be mostly take care of itself. Sustaining a series after several sequels/prequels is not exactly the easiest either.

I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised but I am not going in with much expectations.

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Star wars has been destroyed..... THE ORIGINAL 3 MOVIES IS "STAR WARS" and the only 3 I recognise..........

Star wars 7 based on the new altered movies IS PURE UTTER GARBAGE and anyone involved with making it doesnt care about purity or how good of a movie they once had in the early 80s and its disgusting and sad......

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lawrence kasdan seems to be the chief writer

Dont think it has anything to do with eps 1-3

The latest trailer looks awesome

11. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Yeah Lucas raped my childhood too by finishing the story he started.

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

He didnt just FINISH IT,he changed it and made it worse!!!!

ITS BAD ENOUGH HE MADE EP 1,2,3 AND NOW 7 but to change the original three movies is disgusting..... I WILL NOT EVER WATCH THAT UNPURE TRASH!!!!!!!

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

14. I remember vividly how I just knew the prequels were going to be awesome, and how my faith in God was shattered within the first two minutes of Episode I.

Never again will I trust. I have no idea if this movie will be good or not, but I have my doubts.

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

So all that talk before and now that we saw the movie nobody is talking about it?
    I was not disappointed I tried to go in to the theater with no expectations good or bad.
    I guess I am not as great a predictor of movies after the first 2 minutes as others here. Because that opening scroll was like it was a fan made film. It was strange not reading about federations and jedi councils....

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dude, there are two other threads on it

Im taking my mum tomorrow, that will be the 4th time in 8 days

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Although for ep 8, seems movie is going to be written and directed by Rian Johnson, the guy that did Looper, but doesnt seem to have done much else

Seems The Force awakens may be the most succesful movie in history thus far

Why? Change writer and director for the follow up, and a largely untested director. Now fear we get The Matrix again, where the first one was awesome, and 2 and 3 sucked

18. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I can see it happening. Hopefully he will have enough good people working with him to fix any mistakes he might make.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Crossed my mind but I am pretty sure they would make more money telling a story that hasn't been told yet.