Stand against War

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by YankNBurn, Jun 7, 2006.

1. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

2. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Thats amazing! Wow...finally something good I have heard about the world all day! Thats truely amazing. Thank you fro sharing that YankNBurn! Im glad this man has stode up for what he believes in! He has 100% of my respect !!!!!!!!!!

3. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

That was great to read.

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I felt a lot of shame, horror, and dissapointment on hearing of the marine massacre of civilians, and if I were in the Army, I might react the same way.

5. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

i wasnt there so i dont know the REAL circumstances.

6. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Thats why they shouldnt let mixed breeds in the armed forces, hard to be loyal when you dont know who you are.

Pay no attention to the above comment.

7. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I f he wasnt willing to follow orders, he shouldnt have joined. Fuck the coward.

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I agree that he shouldn't be in the army if he isn't ready for war.

But that Marine massacre was pretty morale battering. I still agree with you though..

9. crummyrummy

Ok, I guess it is a blurry line. That was not right, and that kind of order I am not required to follow. It is required that I NOT to follow such orders.

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

We do know the circumstances. Some marines went on a rampage and murdered civilians, including women and children.

I support the Iraq campaign, and they should get a trial.

but they are guilty and I hope they're hung up to dry.

11. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Folllowing illegal orders is aginst UCMJ for sure.

But yeah, the officer should have been prepared for these horrific kinds of circumstances. If the jobs getting too tough for him, we don't need him. We have better men willing to stand in.

12. crummyrummy

court martial him, and make him payback the money spent on that degree you know the military paid for.
    then set him free, as the martyr he wants to be. I do agree, I dont think the military needs the people that joined thinking they were never gonna be called upon to do their jobs, but I also say take away EVERYTHING the military gave em before you let em go. Brig time means never being able to say you are not a convicted felon.....

13. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

i am not gonna go there.

14. crummyrummy

actually I have not followed it, Last I looked there were accusations only.

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Fell free to or not. I'm pretty sure I and maybe Rummy are the only people here you'll find willing to debate that the Iraq war was worth it.

Either way, civil discourse benifits all of us. It's idiots like this who want to be martys like El Lt. there or Ann Coulter shrieking about 9/11 victims that takes any sort of civility and benifit from debate.

16. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Well they are innocent til proven guilty, but the evidence does look pretty overwhelmingly for the state that some marines massacred some civilians.

And then perhaps there was an attemt at a coverup. I wan't to learn more about that though. But the evidence doesn't look good.

17. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

the military is necessary,
    having said that; i have some grievances...
    although i agree that this officer should have done his reasearch into the military branches, i wholeheartedly agree that what is being done over in iraq is a warcrime...this is a war we cannot win...its guerrilla warfare much like vietnam only so far we havent killed a hundred thousand of our native sons...
    all this war is going to accomplish is senseless deaths in the name of capturing or killing ONE man and his associates...also, it doesnt take a genius to figure out all this is about is oil and seemingly neoimperialism...they have the oil and we're going to take over and hoard it for ourselves...and our country is continually taking steps backward in our "evolved sense of morality" i just read about how the gov't is trying to make it easier to SEGREGRATE schools again...didnt we walk this path and overcome it 45 years ago? make no mistake this is a dark and troubling age we are living in now...

18. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

We eliminated the dicatatorship of a genocidal tyrant who had murdered over 2 million Shia and Kurds, and kept Iraq in Ruin.

Rather then overthrow the tyrant, for 12 years we kept Iraq in prisoned under UN sanctions which pillaged Iraq's oil and led to the starvation of millions of citizens.

Finally, oversome perhaps dubious intentions, we did get rid of Hussein. In the process tens of thousands of innocent iraqis have been caught in the cross fire of an ethnic civil war, sparked by islamic facists, many of them foriegn.

The sanctions of Oil for Food were crimes aginst humanity. They killed so many more civilians then have died since the Iraq invasion through slow starvation.

The theft of oil talk is simplistic and considering the steep rise in oil prices, is unlikely to be a reasonable justification.

A worthwhile justification, would be to set up a stable long lasting beacon of freedom the middle east, and have Baghdad be the center of community for Muslims to live withou fear of persecution.

It's a very lofty goal, but perhaps it's worth 2,500 troops. Perhaps it's worth 40,000 Civilians. It's a complicated descion. War is never simple.

19. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

It no longer matters if he thinks this is an illegal invasion or not. The invasion is over. Now its about protecting the democratic government we forced upon them from being overrun by islamic warlords who pose a REAL threat to the US as well as the iraqi citizens.

20. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i agree with you...somewhat,
    yes we got rid of saddam...he did kill alot of people to further his own ambitions...but wouldnt you agree the bush regimes ambitions are just as high cost...and being that god tells him "hes all good" surely makes all of us feel better about who is running the country...and what about that dick cheney??? should he be dead 10 times over by now??? i mean its a wonder this guy can even keep human form...what about all the companies that are tied to the prez and his associates reconstructioing in iraq??? our prez and his brethren are making serious bread off this war...also what about some of the companies in question issuing our troops substandard body armor???...its one of the biggest scams ever...and its making our prez and brethren richer then ever...they are making $$$ off the death of our countrymen...its despicable and frankly if there was a god he'd strike that fucker down during his morning jog...