Stances on Bisexuality

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by TreeFiddy, Jun 12, 2006.

1. TreeFiddy

TreeFiddy Member

eh...sometimes I wish I was just plain gay, because it has more of a whole community thing going...some gays (and straights) don't believe in bisexuality, they think bisexuals just aren't ready to come out to themselves as gay. And on the other hand some people believe EVERYONE is a bit of a bisexual, having at least a little tendancies to both sides. What are you're thoughts on this?

2. Patrick

Patrick Member

I think they are all valid labels because people are very different and diverse.
    It's just not as simple as say you're either gay or not or that everyone is simply bisexual.
    Only you can know which label fits as long as you are honest with yourself.

3. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

i could care less.

the only problem i have with bisexuals is their sexual attraction to both sexes but an emotional attraction to one sex. Both of these components must be there.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  4. Redhead420_23F

Redhead420_23F Member

I used to drive myself crazy worrying about labels. Lately I think contantly trying to label everybody and put a label on yourself is pretty pointless. In the end what you get from your relationships and friendships is way more important than worrying about if you are gay or bi.

I tend to agree with the idea that most people are bisexual on some level, but that level could be like the "I think she's pretty" level and not further. lol you know? eh I am not making sense.

5. peaceloveandmusic

peaceloveandmusic Member

im bi,but im sexually and emotionally attracted to both girlies and guys,i guess i could just say as long as i like the person instead of labeling myself bi

6. shyguy41701

shyguy41701 Member

I don't believe in labeling. However, by definition I am bisexual. I'm sexually attracted to guys but could never see myself in a realtionship with another guy.

7. whereami

whereami Member

I'm with you on that. Neither could I. Therefore I don't understand Mushie's problem with it. Can you explain Mushie?

8. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

I'm bi-sexual and I could have both emotional and physical attractions to both sexes, although I learn towards men.

9. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I DO believe in labelling... but only in the labels that I approve of. I believe that gay, straight, bi-sexual are important to know because it lets me know where I stand should I be interested in someone. Top bottom active passive, however, are labels that I could live WITHOUT. I find THEM to be too restrictive.

But then again, I might feel completely different about it tomorrow :)

10. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

It doesn't matter really. You love who you love and that's it.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  11. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Why so? Men and women are fundamentally different on so many levels. Why not get the best of both worlds? Men are more sex- than relationship-driven, women are more relationship- than sex-driven, so it kinda makes sense to have one with one and the other with the other.

And I find that whole "you're not bi, you're just gay in denial" argument to be pretty dispicable coming from people who are generally appauled when it's suggested they're only gay because they haven't had a good straight relationship. It's the same theory, and they're both as valid as each other, really.

12. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I guess I should elaborate more..

If I was to ever date a bisexual guy, he must be in it for more than just sex. I want the emotional part of a relationship too.

I'm sure there are other gay men who don't mid messing around with a bi guy who isn't emotionally attracted to guys, but it just isn't for me.

That's what I was trying to say...

13. amp7325

amp7325 Visitor

I kind of with I were bisexual, because I have developed really strong emotional relationships with some girls, but I just cannot think of them sexually. Girls just don't do it for me. A while ago I did call myself bisexual, but that was when I was in denial.

14. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

That got me thinking... does it seem like most homosexuals tend to prefer dating other homosexuals, or do most of them seem just as likely to date a bi-sexual who is in it for the emotional and sexual aspect? Or does it vary too much to accuratly say? Just wondering.

15. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Just to clarify, I wasn't accusing anyone in this thread of being bigoted against bi guys (I haven't read the whole thing in detail anyway), just saying that it seems to be a common attitude. So many gay guys insist that bisexuality doesn't exist.

I personally prefer bi guys for one-nighters and such, they're so much less hassle than gay guys because they usually want to get in, do the job, and get out before the missus notices they've gone. :D

16. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I think bisexual people are just confused. Most usually they lean toward one sex, but have a small attraction for the other. I think a bisexual person is just curious. They're either homosexual or straight....they just have to decide that for themselves by experiencing both.

17. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

It seems I am slowly liking men more and women less. I would greatly enjoy a very emotional and sexual relationship with a man. With a women, I think the emotional part would be alright... and I don't think I would enjoy the sexual part a whole lot. Still, I think it is definatly possible for someone to be bi-sexual and not be confused or anything.

18. LoyalReflections

LoyalReflections Member

Actually psychological research to date has shown that this isn't true anymore. It has pretty much evened out and in the coming years it is women who will lead the pack looking for sex and men looking for relationships.

19. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

I'd like to see that research. It's not something I've seen borne out in my experience so far.

20. whereami

whereami Member

I still don't understand how being bi-sexual has to mean confusion of your own sexuality. I love women for all that they are & would only want a relationship with a woman & I could never give up pussy. But I just happen to like cock on occasion too. Not the hairy chest,not the man's hairy ass(or even a man's
    smooth ass) not the moustache while kissing,strictly the cock. What's to be confused about?