Stairway To Heaven: Led Zeppelin Uncensored

Discussion in 'Music Books' started by localhippy, May 6, 2005.

1. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

ok so i bought this book today (huge fan of zeppelin btw) and i cant put it down. its so good. Its written by their tour manager of 13 years, a guy who has been with the band constantly even before they were together. Has anyone read this? If so what did you think? Id like to share a part i found pretty funny, it was during there second american tour, at a hotel.

...Bonham undressed her on the cart, crackling as he removed each peice of clothing. Once she was nude, he proclaimed, "Its time for some surgery, my dear."

He scampered into the bathroom and returned with a shaving brush, shaving cream, and a razor. "This wont hurt a bit, sweetheart," he told Candy, who lay there submissively as he applied shaving cream to her pubic hair.

For the next ten minutes, the band and I took turns shaving her vagina. Robert with vitality and broad strokes...Jimmy with the passion of Rodin or Michaelangelo. All the while, Candy giggled her way through the procedure.

When it was over, as we admired our artistic efforts, Robert suddenly interupted the festivities with a shrill, agonizing wail. "Oh, fuck!" he screamed "Bonham, how could, how could you?"

Robert picked up the shaving brush and waved it in the air. "This is mine. This is my fucking brush" Everyone in the room burst into laughter. John Paul patted Robert on the back. "Enjoy your next shave," he said.

2. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

i read it...kick ass

3. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I, too, am a big Led Zeppelin fan...I'll have to check this book out.

4. Green Shades

Green Shades Beyond 355/113

This is cool stuff. Yeah.

5. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i see so many people read that at my school. maybe il read it someday

6. rbasm

rbasm Member

I read it too, it was good.

7. flower67

flower67 Member

Nice book, I reccomend it for Zeppelin fans that "feel" their music in every aspect.

8. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

I loved the book. I love Led Zeppelin. Many of my schoolmates believe that that book is full of lies. They all love Hammer Of The Gods (which I havent read). They said theres an interview with Jimmy Page dissing that book. Until I see it I love it though.

9. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

I read that book 10 years ago and I liked it even though it talked about some of the shady stuff that typical bands do (ya know, trashing hotel rooms, cheating on wives with groupies, etc,) it still didn't change my love for the band (hey who am I to judge?) although I was probably a much bigger fan back then when I would listen to them nonstop and have their poster on my wall. Kind of grew out of all that, but I still love them. Good read though.

10. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

yeah I read it. It's one of the best music bios ever.that part localhippy mentioned is one of the parts I remember the clearest. I burst in tears from laughter.
    and the part when they're on the bridge is jokes too

11. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

i love led zeppelin. when i heard some of the stuff in it though, it changed my view on the band. i still think they are the best band of all time, though.

12. psychedelic_feet

psychedelic_feet Member

i agree..this book wasnt like how i expected it to be...silly me for expecting deep insights on songs and such..it just seemed like peter cole bragging throughout the entire thing..but..I STILL LOVE ZEPPELIN!! WOOT!

13. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

What suprised you and what were you expecting? I'm just curious.

14. Jim Colyer

Jim Colyer Member

Zeppelin is grossly overrated.

15. pollock

pollock Member

'Well I may not agree with what you have to say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.'

Never heard of this book until recently, it's another one on my list to look into

16. chzeppelin

chzeppelin Member

seems like another Hammer of the Gods remake, personally I never really got into all the stories about them on the road, i mean they were gods back in the 70s so none of that kinda stuff is really unexpected. Even the "black magic" stuff that surrounded them is to me a bunch of BS, i mean they never denied it but why do it when it adds to the image of their band