Spring Semester

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by 4_Leaf_Clover, Jan 10, 2005.

1. 4_Leaf_Clover

4_Leaf_Clover I Love

I have lost track of all space and time in the last month of break.
    About time to get back to class.

This morning was incredibly foggy, and the absolute perfect atmosphere for the goings on today.

I got to class at 7:30, and they told us that there is no class today...come back Wednesday.

Well thanks for the notice, folks.
    But I do enjoy getting up before the sun. Such an invigorating sensation, and the perfect way to start any day, as I can now see.

I am going to school to be a teacher.
    How about you? Are you back in school yet? What are you there for? How is your Spring looking?

2. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Aw, don'tcha hate that?? :p

Spring is looking good, I'm taking a big load and I'll probably end up dropping a class. They're all classes I want to take, though, except Algebra.... *shudder* I have to go there next.

Thanks for asking :)

3. superNova

superNova Member

ian ~! fog is definitely the perfect atmosphere to start school. it's been crazy warm here, like 70+ degrees daily, it feels like spring! and hey i want to know how you are and your lady and your potential person, pm me!!!!!!! :D

but as for school, starts tomorrow - a lame last semester because i have little left to take, the main event being my honors project which will result in a 55 page thesis by the end of the semester, analyzing a feminist reading of two works of german lit. ;)

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well how fun for all of you! i got to walk to classes today through the snow. none before noon is nice though

5. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

I hate when they do that! I have a 45 minute commute to school, so these last-minute cancelations are especially irksome to me.

I'm taking 12 credits this semester, and I'm really excited about my classes. On the slate this time are: Advanced Reporting, Media Ethics, Photojournalism 2, and Critical Thinking.

6. naturegoddess69

naturegoddess69 Member

I don't start until next Tuesday, but I'm working full time til Monday, so not much of a break for me.

I'm taking 16 credits next semester. I'm taking: Personal Health, Psychobiology, Statistics II, Intro to Short Fiction, Modern Political Thought II, & the Irish Diaspora.

7. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

i have a ridiculously long break and my classes don't start until the 26th.

as for classes, i've got environmental math, contemorary continental philosophy, animals and ethics, and mysticism & rationality... plus an independent study where i lead philosophical discussions at a local medium-security prison. so spring is going to be an excellent semester.

good luck to everyone this spring!

i can't wait for the warm weather to streach further north...

8. yesplease

yesplease Member

the only class i'm reeaally interested in is a sociology class, called adolescent criminology (or something like that)...about what makes adolescents turn to crime...should be kinda interesting, i hope

9. Billy Brown

Billy Brown Member

i cant wait for that first day back at school/jetlag type feeling. i've been going to bed at around 6am for the past month, but on tuesday i have an 8am class. should be fun trying to adjust back to reality.