Spotlight on Amsterdam!

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by lauri-3012, Jan 19, 2009.

1. lauri-3012

lauri-3012 Guest

Hey guys,

I went to Amsterdam this past weekend and got a great deal on all the different attractions there. Normally Amsterdam is kind of expensive and I was never able to afford this amazing city. Then a friend of mine told me about Discountamsterdam. It features almost all the different attractions in London and you can save up to 20% when using this system. All I had to do was to go to the website: www.discountamsterdam.net/ and print out the different codes for all the attractions I wanted to see. That way my weekend in Amsterdam got a whole lot cheaper and I could even do some shopping ;-)

This a great tip if you want to save some money and still do a lot of sightseeing. I also found out that they offer the same for London, New York and Germany. So I might be able to use it on one of my next trips too!

2. OneBrainCell

OneBrainCell Member

LOL trick is you dont shop in touristic places!
    Youll save $$$
    like a beer in most place in centrum got for 2.50euro got to supermarket albert ... samething for a 1euro got to old south of amsterdam youll find same beer for .50 euro or in amstel or other towns or city around!if you like shopping and your in amsterdam you should know about the street market albert ... in old south amsterdam! and if your smart you stay away for the museum in amsterdam at the price they are you can take train to other city and see other stuff tourist stay away from like windmills in kenderdijk cost you 20euro to get to rotherdam and back and bus from rotterdam to kenderdikj is 6.90 return or you can stay on same bus and get to utrecht and get back to dam from there!
    any stuff to see beside the DAM and youll save $$$ by doin them then staying in DAM!!

3. lmao

lmao Member

could be the dumbest advice I've ever heard in my life.

4. OneBrainCell

OneBrainCell Member

why dont you tell me what museum is worth paying and seing in amsterdam?
    van gogh «not worth the 10euro
    heini museum? LOL stupid museum!
    Torture museum « TOURIST TRAP if i wanna see stuff they used to torture ill go gantamo bay!
    sex museum« a other tourist trap!
    HASH&WEED museum « LOL wast on money!
    THE ONLY MUSEUM WORTH SEIN IS ANN FRANKS HOUSE!!
    by NOT sein these museum youll be saving $$$ and wasted TIME!
    well museumplein is good place to sit or play foot wit locals besides that not worth it!

5. F Z

F Z Member

This statement alone says it all!!!!! $13 to see the works of the greatest artist ever to grace the planet is too much?!?!?!?! $14 to enter the rijksmuseum to see the rest of the Dutch painters greatest works is also too much????

If you can't afford 30 bucks for entertainment while on vacation you don't belong going on vacation, particularly with what that 30 bucks gets you.

But yeah your right why would you wanna take a little break from the weed and hash to take in a little culture.

What is wrong with you????? Oh yes Onebraincell guess the name says it all!!!!

6. OneBrainCell

OneBrainCell Member

WELL SORRY if im not into ART! if i was i wouldnt be goin to amsterdam id be in paris to see the louvre or in rome! ive been to van gogh and rijksmuseum to me was a wast of money! just to tell you aint the place to see van gogh best painting in holland! if you wanna see real nice van gogh you most go else where in holland!!if you wanna see real collection of art look up other place in holland« and holland aint just AMSTERDAM!
    what i expect of an american just like you wit your idiotic remarks about my name
    and they more to holland then smoking DRUG and bein a junkie!
    just to show you i know what im talking about next time your in holland take a trip to Krôller-mûller museum it ONLY 5euro not only youll see NICER vincent van gogh BUT picasos work gris and others!!« if you dont know where it is! you should cause it the BEST museum in holland ;P and not too far you got WWII museums « other 2 at VERY CHEAP PRICES cause unlike AMSTERDAM they aint TOURIST TRAPS!
    Oh yeah you talking to dutch person whom live 18years of hes LIFE there and i hate ppl like you whom think they know more about someone elses country!
    just like me saying that USA is a nation of inbreds built by idiotic ppl and gouverments and a bunch of terrorist!

7. lmao

lmao Member

For someone who's never been to Holland, the museums mentioned above can be very exciting! Ony 10Euro to enter a museum! That's not a lot of money! to see the exciting collection of VanGough! especially now with the basement open too! I love writing with exclamation points!!

8. yogibear

yogibear Member

I like Haarlem much better prices and a few nice museums. Thats one reason I'm camping outside the city. Hotels and apartments are quite pricey. Hostels during Q-Day jack-up their prices. The only solution camping. As for souvenirs I try to get things I will actual use or just some free stuff like drink coasters. The main reason I go to Amsterdam is the sense of freedom I have not felt in the good old USA in some time being a pot smoker. Now if you are a high roller go for it and get your IamAmsterdam card.:cheers2::piggy:

9. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Amsterdam can be as expensive, or as cheap as you want it to be. You simply have to be smart and resourceful and exert a decent amount of patience, and you will have fun on a small budget.

Now take your spam elsewhere please.