"Sports Entertainment" aka Rasslin!

Discussion in 'Sports TV' started by djomalley, Jan 5, 2014.

1. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Once upon a time I was huuuuuge into wrestling... Mainly throughout the 90s and heavily in the late 90's during the WCW/WWF Monday Night Wars, Attitude Era, etc. I stopped watching altogether around 2001/2002 or so and just recently I decided to give it another go.

Boy have things changed since those times, especially in the now 'WWE', which now seems to be targeting mainly young children and women, not that it's a terrible thing but compared to what I'm used to its extremely neutered. Although I will watch WWE from time to time, I've been pushed to TNA and Indy promotions like PWG, CZW, Chikara, and Ring Of Honor.

Is anyone a fan or an old fan of good ol Rasslin? I've joined a few forums but the popular ones seem to be full of trolls and people mainly trading memes back and forth.

2. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

I went to Royal Rumble 8 with my dad one year. It was actually kinda fun. Mostly because the crowd gets REALLY worked up and into it.

I avoided the E! show Total Divas for a while until I got really really bored and watched an episode one day. Which led to me watching the entire season. I actually like it, its entertaining and who wouldn't want to watch beautiful women kicking ass?

Edit: It war Royal Rumble 10! In San Antonio. The Harts were there and Razor Ramon lol.

3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

I used to watch this one on TV sunday afternoons

The Glamorous ladys of wrestling :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqj6uhs-6zs"]G.L.O.W. "Sally vs. Godiva" - YouTube

4. happilyinlove

Gotta love the Bella Twins

[​IMG]

5. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Yeah I'd rassle with both of them!

6. happilyinlove

Lol I bet you would!!! They are pretty hot bad girls I can't deny it!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqqm-DqQlHE"]Raw Entrances: "The Bella Twins" - YouTube

7. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Very cool you were at a Royal Rumble and at such a great time too! Razor Ramon was always one of my faves even through WCW as Scott Hall. The man has gone through the ringer but is in recovery now with the help on DDP (Diamond Dallas Page) and is doing well!

I've watched a bit of the Total Divas show but I would of been happier if they picked some of the other divas... Summer Rae, Tamina Snuka, & Aj Lee would have been ideal. I like Brie Bella but the other one strikes me the wrong way.

8. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

I definitely remember GLOW, I was very young but the imprint was made! :2thumbsup:

9. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

You know... I think I watched that one last night on YouTube. The Royal Rumbles are always my fave. Who won the one you went to? Steve Austin right? That night they actually had a fake Diesel and a fake Razor Ramon!

10. happilyinlove

I know what you mean about Nikki, she is definitely such a bitch. I happen to think its hot but I know what you mean :)

I have no idea who the other divas are, I guess I need to start watching Raw since I like the Divas lol.

Funny because back in the day, I thought my step dad was such a dork for it, but now I actually like the drama involved. :)

Razor Ramon was one of my favorites too probably my favorite. How he would say "oyy mechico" or something with his toothpick. Sexy

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I've never gotten into wrestling, I don't even think I've sat down and watched it or really understand it. Being a martial artist when I was younger I just thought it was too fake looking.

But damn! The bella twins are hot as hell.

12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Me and my best friend were really into wrestling in elementary school. We would always wrestle wih out older friends who lived next door. And there was some guy down the street who was like 40 and he had a whole bunch of WWE divas and wwf divas videos so we would go into his garage and take them and watch them :D

we were really into the hardy boyz too
    [​IMG]

13. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Razor Ramon is one of the few ppl who could make a greasy bit surrounding a toothpick sexy. That's mad skillz yo. Watch out for that Razor's Edge!
    [​IMG]

If your into the Divas, you gotta check out AJ Lee & Tamina Snuka (Daughter of Superfly Snuka). They are quite the pair! I'll try and find a GIF image where Tamina super kicks Nikki Bella right in the mouth, there was nothing fake about it. Totally made my night!

14. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

The Hardys are still around and Jeff is still taking crazy falls over in TNA on Spike on Thursday Nights on Impact Wrestling. Matt is in Ring Of Honor and in the independent circuit. Guys are legends!