Sports Boredeom.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ged, Apr 3, 2018.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I guess that makes me a boring because I love sports. I love watching sports, and I love participated in sports.

There’s nothing like tailgating at Gillette Stadium in the fall before a Patriots game, attending opening day at Fenway Park in Boston, following a Celtics or Bruins playoff run, Cheering on the runners at the Boston Marathon, watching Tiger Woods at the Masters on Sunday, Watching Monday Night Football, Watching the ncaa final four men's basketball tournament, Watching the Summer Olympic games every 4 years, playing a pickup game of Basketball at the park, playing a round of golf on Saturday at the municipal public golf course,...etc....

Noserider and Irminsul like this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

All Good And Well......But......Do You Even Lift Brah...???...:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No not really i just use 30 lbs. dumbbells to keep my muscles toned

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Give us a list of the top 5 things you are interested in / like to do/watch

You are going to be one of those guys that spends hours doing sudoku puzzles or builds lego replicas of 19th century trains arent you

pensfan13 and Noserider like this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I agree with hotwater. When I'm in a CBF mood I can sit on my ass and watch espn all day. All the news the games the NFL live, pardon the interrupted and even the radio shows like Mike&Mike that is over and I can't remember the new name.

I turn the news on for one second on a new station and I turn it right off. Not sports though. And then I love picking up on all these happenings of a lot of sport and you always know someone who likes one sport so you can drop some news and know what you are talking about. :) you talk normal news to anyone else and it's blown out of proportion I mean take a good look at HF right now the most intelligent conversations we have are talking sports in what's happening. :tearsofjoy:

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^...The Top Posts In "Love And Sex" Are Always Intelligent And Genuine......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

Irminsul likes this.
  7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I guess I just wasn't cut out to be a sports fan. I'm glad for those that enjoy it, I just find the blanket coverage of it in the media annoying.

I like art, music and writing. Philosophy and literature. I like weird science and esoterica. That's just the kind of guy I am.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh God you drink beer out of a wine glass too don't you!

Ged likes this.
  9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

No I'm not a total snob. Last night I had three of these straight out of the can:

upload_2018-4-4_9-12-12.png

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Actually they weren't half-litre cans just regular size lol.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Sports fans will think this is baloney. But there is some truth to it, and it is actually happening in so many areas of broadcast media:

12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

An actual wine glass, or a tulip-shaped beer glass like this>
    [​IMG]

13. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I agree. Only sport I really like is hiking, skiing, backpacking

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeeeah that's a wine glass that somebody gave a fancy name to. :p

15. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I have that glass from Williams-Sanoma.

Guess I'm a snob. ;)

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No, a woman drinking from spiffy glassware is a whole different appeal, it's the dudes where it gets a little gay.

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

A person can watch sports and still take an interest in government and science...although I will agree that not enough people do.

18. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I see where you are coming from, in a way; I don't really enjoy watching sports, but I can enjoy them under certain circumstances. And sometimes the culture surrounding major league sports seems a little bit extreme (the hero worship of athletes, specifically). The athletes themselves are unquestionably overpaid for what they actually do, compared to doctors, teachers, and other folks who make a difference in the world.

BUT. To say that sports are a tool to control the masses is a bit shortsighted, don't you think? Humans have been partaking in some type of sport for most of recorded history (even animals play physical games). Competitive games are a natural thing and can be a lot of fun, a reason for folks to get together, and a topic for discussion. So even if sports aren't for you, I don't think there is a reason to belittle those who enjoy them. It's just another thing to do.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'd probably wager that sports people probably do more good than doctors with their charities. I don't see doctors giving away 500,000 pairs of glasses to kids in Africa like Von Miller does. I see them charge an arm and a leg for them though.

And I don't see doctors opening children's and cancer hospitals like Jeff Gordon does either, nor give their money away to under privilaged countries like he does.

[​IMG]

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I'm Not A Beer Drinker......But If I Was......I Would Totally Use That Glass......Beautiful Shape......

Worlds Away From Ordinary Beer Glasses.......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.