Splitting A Plant?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Techniques' started by Mud_Hunter, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

Did i read at one time about splitting a plant? How is this done & benifits?

2. redie*

redie* Member

you just have to grow it in your house and pick a place. its a bit complicated but its pretty dope, you can always smoke for free if once they're done and you can make benefits of your own. just be smart

3. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

Im confused ..im talking about taking an existing plant...splitting it down the middle...and making 2 plants! I thought it was done to make bushier plants?

4. Dreamer!

Dreamer! Member

Thats called cloning.. find a nice long piece thats connected to the stem and cut it but make sure to cut it on an angle, then make about 3 little slits on the bottom (cut all three on an angle) and add some growing hormones to make it grow faster give it a little light not too much and water it at least twice a day.

make sure to cut some leaves off near the bottom so it can grow faster and viola u got another plant ;)

5. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Marijuana cuttings tend to grow more rapidly than the mother plant it was taken off of.

6. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

Nope not cloning! Cloning i know about!

7. medicinalhydro2

medicinalhydro2 Member

I have done this on accident with outdoor ladies. As long as the plant is tended to, it will be ok. Most people top the plant to get 2 tops, then top those 2 into 4, and so on. But, splitting after the first top has grown out will open th plant up. In my oppinion, it is better to top them and tie the branches out to the sides. No sense in hacking up a plant. At least till it is ready to smoke, lol...

8. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

So topping is actually cutting the top off ...and splitting would be sliceing it down the stock? I imagine all is done at during veg?

9. moondance

moondance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Topping is for making the plants grow more bushy and less tall.All that u do is to pinch the new growing tip off with your finger and thumb or use scissors.This will then grow two tips.Not only will it make the plant more bushy but give u more grow sites for bud. Just pinch the tallest ones on your plant.

10. hippy13

hippy13 Member

legalize