Spitting on Vietnam Soldiers

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Lizardman0, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Lizardman0

Lizardman0 Member

They said the hippies spat on the our troops as they returned from Vietnam. This makes me feel really bad. People tell me not to become a hippie.

EDIT BY SKIP:
    This is a very long thread. Let me make it short for you...

I found the ONE DOCUMENTED incident of a Veteran getting spit in his eye!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UC Berkeley
    August 23, 1972: Three parapalegic Vietnam war veterans, including Ron Kovic (See Also July 15, 1976) disrupt Richard Nixon's acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention in Miami with shouts of "Stop the bombing! Stop the killing!" They are roughly ejected from the hall by plainclothes policemen. On their way out, a spectator spits in the eye onf one of the veterans. [LAT, 8/24/72]

So it was VETERANS PROTESTING THE WAR who were spit at, obviously by a Republican WAR HAWK at a Republican Convention, not a hippie!

See how they've tried to RE-WRITE HISTORY to suit the conservatives agenda!

Now the world makes sense! It's conservatives who are much more likely to spit at anything they hate than a hippie. Hippies only spit to clear out their lungs from pot residue. ;)

End Edit.

2. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

Considering that many of those troops murdered innocent women and children, I don't see anything particularly wrong with it.

3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don't blame the soldiers that fight the war, blame the government that wages the war!

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, a lot of them didn't really have a choice and they didn't want to get thrown in jail...

5. Mui

Mui Senior Member

rather be spit on than shot in the back

6. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I was one of those troops that got spit on.O'hara airport as a matter of fact.And in truth,I leveled both of them in very short order.You show very little
    understanding for a thing that happened long before you were born.If your ass was drafted and sent to war,it's kill or be killed,I suppose you'd lay down and cry for your mommy.Soldiers don't start wars kid,they just have to fight them.
    Your ignorance is only equalled by your lack of knowledge on the subject.

7. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

Well, I'd rather do jail than kill innocents. I don't care what anybody says, a soldier is guilty for any crime he may commit. Even killing an enemy soldier is a crime unless done in self defense. Killing an innocent child is definatly a crime, and being a soldier is no excuse.

8. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You'd rather go to jail?? LOL,yeah right.Soldiers do not target civillians,only combatants.Yes innocent people do get killed,but not like it was done on purpose.Don't you think that a soldier thinks about this for the rest of his life?I hope you,or anybody never has to go to war and experience it.It's real damn easy for you to sit there nice and comfortable on your computer talking shit.Jail huh?

9. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

Usually, yes, but not in Vietnam. I'd hate jail, but at least when it's over it's over. After having killed an innocent, I'd never be able to live normally.

10. Lizardman0

Lizardman0 Member

11. Mui

Mui Senior Member

in vietnam people were ordered to kill innocents by their commanding officers... there were a few specific occassions where whole towns were ordered to be "Cleared"... soldiers would come, line up everyone and massacre them. Children. Women. Doesnt matter.

12. cool-luke

cool-luke Member

My brother was in nam and he didn't kill innocents. Why do you blame all soilders for the actions of some. Homebuz is right, you weren't there. I was a kid I seen all the things they showed on tv, yes it was a horrible war. They sent them young men over there it not their choice. And most of them didn't even have the right to vote for the asshole who put them there. You can only hope you young people don't have to get drafted, in the war going on with Bush as our leader. It could happen to you!

13. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

Even those soldiers who killed other soldiers are not innocent in a war like Vietnam, because it was not justified. The US was invading and killing anybody who was willing to resist. I don't care if they killed on command, they still killed! Just like Nazis who worked in death camps and tortured Jews. Is the command an excuse? Well, I do admit it's not quite as bad as doing this from free will, but it's still bad. I don't care if they were forced. If I was in Vietnam, or Iraq or any other place, I would not shoot a civilian. I doubt I would even shoot the enemy soldiers.

14. Beleg

Beleg Member

I would rather try my best to get a non-combatant job, like, a medic or something. I would be helping people, saving lives. Thats more useful then killing people or going to jail for refusing too.

But yeah, I could never kill someone, even out of self defence.

15. Jay02insd

Jay02insd Member

follow your own qoutes If you havent nothing nice to say, shut the fuck up"! Absolutely no one NO ONE deserves to be treated like that,not even the facist governments

16. Jay02insd

Jay02insd Member

this fuckin poser must of been there with all his vast knowledge? What a doof! war is evil! It's trendy to bash America these days and from a canadian, Arent they in the red??? I watched a show about Canada and their own PM says they are bankrupt. So put down your snowball shooting rpg's and get a clue

17. Mui

Mui Senior Member

this post is about spitting on vietnam soldiers... and i simply said that it is better to be spit on than to be dead... how is that not nice? Its just the truth.
    No one deserves to be treated like "that" you mean... no one deserves to be spat on? Being spat on isnt the worst thing in the world, better than being shot by a soldier.
    would you rather be a vietnam soldier that got spat on, or someone who got shot by a vietnam soldier.
    Ide choose the american soldier.

No one deserves to be killed, massacred, in an unjust war over philosophical beliefs. No one should be treated like that.

Should everyone who fought in vietnam be spat upon? No, most were drafted. Should they be considered heros? Hell no. Should they be shot? No. Should people join the military? No.

Im not trying to be rude, im giving you my opinions

No, my knowledge came from HISTORY CLASS... and actually paying attention in school... there were generals who ADMITTED that they ordered innocents to be killed... when they came back from the war, they were so emotionally distraught because of it that they admitted it to everyone.
    There are movies made about it... and its in history books across the world.
    So instead of dismissing everything I say, maybe you should search for its validity.
    In order to understand WHY they ordered for those towns to be killed, you have to know how the war was played... They DID NOT know who was the enemy, so when they entered small villages the commanders had this mindset that they had to kill them... or else later theyd come back to kill an american... if they hadnt tooken care of them now... vietnamese soldiers all looked the same, you couldnt tell whose side ANYONE was on... so when they discovered these small villages they thought they didnt have a choice BUT to kill everyone.

Im not making shit up, OR trying to piss you off.

18. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

None of the soldiers coming back from Vietnam should've been spat on.. most of them were drafted, they didn't choose to join..

This war, and these soldiers, on the other hand, is a completely different story. ;)

19. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Thats exactly my thoughts too... if your drafted, you dont really have a choice... so therefore, theres no reason that people who were drafted shouldve been spat on.

But at the same time I do think that itd be better to rot in a jail than to fight in an unjust war... at least you will 1. stay alive and 2. not have to kill anything.

20. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

soldiers fight so you dont have to. if you dont respect the people that fight for you then get the fuck out of the country pussy.

homebudz you have my eternal respect for serving.