Spirit Guide

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by hecates_child, Jun 3, 2004.

1. hecates_child

hecates_child Member

Does anyone have any meditations or anything that help you find your spirit guide? I would apreciate this a lot.

Hecates Child

¤The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.¤

2. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Meditating is good. As for kinds... I don't know. I'd say use your "kind". You know, what you are comfortable with.

Some candles or a fire on an alter, or incense are usually recommended. But I think that these things are for our benefit because the physical world is inconsequential to the spirit world.

Our Guides are around us. We only have to pay attention to our surrounding for their presence and make ourselves "welcoming" to them. I speak out loud to them. Ask them questions... or if I'm having a difficult time with a project, I take a back seat and let them come through to guide me to an acceptable outcome.

Most of the time, I simply leave myself open and pay attention.

3. Bee_Rain

Bee_Rain ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I read somewhere (I forgot what book) where it said "while meditating, picture a room with a single chair in it, then invite your spirit guide to sit down"

It may take a few tries, but it can work. I keep getting a visual of an older Native American man whenever I try visualizing my guide.

Good luck!

4. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

i tried what you said, bee rain. and i caught a quick image of a wolverine, type of creature. he had big spikes on his back, and i saw him sit down for a moment.

i tried to ask him/her a few simple yes or no question, but i got no answers. i did sort of see a cirlce kind of shape when i asked a question, though. i think it was when i asked, "are you here to help me?" does anyone know where i can go/what i can do from here?

and is it possible i'm making these things up subconciously? just because i want to see my spirit guide, or something?

5. hecates_child

hecates_child Member

Thanks you guys, I went on a little "journey" to find my spirit guide, but I found different types of cats, and I don't mean your common house hold kitty, they were strong wild animals like panthers and tigers. Does this mean my spirit guide can take form of these animals and that is how it relates to me?

Hecates Child

6. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

hey inbloom
    If you are looking at the subconcious.. spirit guides etc, nothing is 'made up subconciously'
    nothing is like that
    random thoughts do, not, exist.
    how could they? I mean really, think about it. Look at nature: everything is in its place because it all works together. Ecosystem, life, whatever. Fractals... your mind is like that too,in relation to everything.
    And what is teh difference between a guide you've 'made up' and a real guide that you can hear/see in your mind like that?
    Try asking more than a simple yes or no question, he will answer. It might seem like the most random (note the word) answer or association, but let it perculate through your mind.. listen to him. Carefully but not too carefully.

7. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

If you can, borrow or buy the book: ANIMAL SPEAK by Ted Andrews... It's the best one I've found on getting together with animal guides and totems.