spending your whole life in a drug induced stupor

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ms.Oh!, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Ms.Oh!

Ms.Oh! Senior Member

so this other thread got me thinking.. well it was about something i have been thinking about for a while. and its not about how turtles have sex..

okay so ever since i was about 13 i have barely gone one day without getting fucked up one way or another. in my early teens i did the hard shit, also smoking weed and drinking every day in the meantime. even after i quit drugs (best thing i ever done) i still smoke weed all day and drink damn near every night. i always feel lazy and sluggish, go figure. but its my way to deal with my problems. and i have a lot of problems.

anywho, recently i had reason to beleive that i might die. and that really lit a fire under my ass. and its sad that that is what it had to take for me to realize i dont want to live this way. dont get me wrong, i love weed. but i dont even REMEMBER what its like to have a clear head. i really dont.

so. i am making the concious descion to be straight and sober for a long period of time, starting yesterday. i want to have a clear head for once. anyways. just felt like sharing~

i will let you know how it goes

2. MollyBoston

MollyBoston Fluffer

Good luck, Ms. Oh! Keep us posted; we're sending good vibes your way. Sober good vibes.

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Yeah Oh, Good Luck!

4. Ms.Oh!

Ms.Oh! Senior Member

thanks guys :D

5. I'm a troll

I'm a troll Banned

after the first couple days, it'll be easy.

good luck

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

ohhhhh oh thats the most wonderful news and im so proud of ya
    being a lil high now and then should be a treat, a fun time not a everyday lifestyle..
    knowing u as well as i do and all u been through this will be the best thing ya can do, id say go at least 2 months, maybe 3
    just to begin getting your mind sorted out

im so happy to hear this...
    if ya make it 3 months..i'll make ya a deal..i'll find a way to make it across the country (or give ya a lil vacation from there and meet u somewhere else) and we'll smoke a bowl together...after ya been cleared out enough

i know u get high to deal with alotta shit that nobody should hafta deal with..but i never ever felt like ya were in too much danger (at least from the drugs) like so many odviosly are
    i mean you always had a strong mind and spirit...just always knew yad be ok even undser circumstances that yad hafta be crazy to be ok underr

i dont think you'll have much trouble stickin to this, but if u do u know how to reach me and ya know u got me supporting u

7. Van_Gogh

Van_Gogh Senior Member

i think youre pretty strong, and that very few people have the balls to do that, or even realize that.

good luck sweetie, ill take time out to send you good vibes :D

8. lode

lode Banned

Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds, but I'm sure you'll make it.

From about the ages of 15 through 19 I smoked pot 8 or so times a day, and it really wasn't productive.

9. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

GOOD LUCK MS. OH!! :)

I remember quitting getting drunk or stoned out of my mind almost every weekend. It was hard, but I feel better than I have in a long time. I didn't really have a choice in my case, but I had already quit ciggs by then and was concidering quitting anyway... YOU CAN DO IT!

10. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

good for you! it's good for occasional enjoyment, but it's easy to let it become a daily thing. it feels really good to clear up after a long time of being high every day.

11. Ms.Oh!

Ms.Oh! Senior Member

forillz

i am an adult. i never graduated high school, i dont have my liscense or a job, and i am generally pretty useless. no skills or education. which is NOT at all uncommon where i live. but i used to blame that on all my problems. when really if i wasnt so stoned all the time i might have accomplished a lot more despite my problems. some people can be fuckin lit all day and still hold a job and go to school. i cant do that. i get stoned to forget~

12. lode

lode Banned

I've just learned the power of moderation. Maybe after you quit a while you'll find that you can be productive and enjoy a drink every now and then.

13. Ms.Oh!

Ms.Oh! Senior Member

ohh foshosho

a drink every now and then isnt my problem. my problem is getting so fuckered up that i am comatose till 3 the next afternoon

even though im planning to generally be sober i am definetly planning to chill by the pool and BBQ while sipping a couple of beers this summer :D

14. Traceroni.

Traceroni. Senior Member

Thats what I'm gonna do when I can drink and stuff again... and not as much stuff either, I'm done with the testing.

15. treehuggerT

treehuggerT Member

Good luck. I hate to see young people doing nothing but getting stoned all the time. It's such a waste. There really is a lot to experience and enjoy in life. It's a shame to miss out on it. I have no problem with drinking or whatever now and then for fun, but it sucks as a lifestyle.

16. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Wish you well with that. I have been there and done that.

I have been totally clean for about 4 months.

In another month I will spend about a year totally stoned.

Hope things work for you!:)

17. Oh, first off congratulations for taking on this huge challenge.

I would, however, prepare myself mentally for when things get tough.

My experience with cigarettes and alcohol is that it's easy to quit for a bit, but very hard not to resort to it when the problems you alluded to pop up again.

Maybe, get in touch with the part of you that is curious about your problems. That wants to probe them. And in it find a different motivation.

Keep talking to us and everyone about your problems.

My two cents. Good luck!

18. Ms.Oh!

Ms.Oh! Senior Member

thank you!! i will definetly keep you guys updated because yall are the only ones that listen to me bitch and moan and i love you for it :D

but yeah. i know i am not going to quit smoking ciggarettes so im not even gonna try~ but everything else i want to do without

19. Jobs are a necessity. It's also important to think of your interests and vocations.

20. One thing at a time. But don't close any doors. Leave 'em ajar. And everything fresh.