Spelling, Not Always Easy

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Peace, May 24, 2004.

1. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

There are certain words that I just can't spell or remember how to spell. For a couple years I couldn't use the word "especially" in anything I wrote because I couldn't even come close to spelling it. Then my friend told me to spell it: e-special-ly, so now I can remember how to spell it. I still have a lot of trouble spelling "necessarily" and "definitely".

What are some words you have trouble spelling?

-Peace

2. Orsino

Orsino Member

Most of the time when I don't spell a word correctly it's usually because I never notice it and i'm either busy and trying to type with one hand or i'm in a hurry or something. I don't have a big problem with language and frankly, I love it.

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i used to mis spell weird all the time.

i dont think it really matters though, as long as the person understands what it is your saying.

4. Erin

Erin Member

im a shitty speller too.
    un-for-tuna-tely

5. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

for a long time I kept messing up Jim Morrison's last name..which was bad i think, but now Ive got it

6. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I've always had difficulty with spelling. Although to be honest I think my parents and teachers blew it out of proportion.
    My reading ability has always been quite advanced. So I tend to use fairly sophisticated language, thus highlighting the problem.

Oh well there's always spell checkers.

TTFN

Sage

7. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It's so funny because in English language words are misspelled in a second (all the double letters and the words which sound a lot alike can be spelt totally different). In my mother language there aren't many words to be missspellt easily, but still some make mistakes. :D

8. kier

kier I R Baboon

i cant spell for shit, but my handwrittings the main problem. it's really bad, and when i write by hand i often make stupid silly mistakes :( and i'm quite a slow writter, i really hate my writtingnote-any spelling mistakes in the above were done on purpose to prove my point ;)

9. Orsino

Orsino Member

My signature is said to be unreadable :p

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

yo're al dislexyk~! onlie idiuts cann't spel!

11. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

LMAO

That's why I love you rubey :p

12. user__friendly

user__friendly Member

I've always been quite good spelling, though I'm not quite sure why. I guess it's kind of cool, though there are much better things I'd rather be good at, haha.

13. marymicrogram

marymicrogram Member

On this SOL test once, the last question was ''How is 'dissappear' spelled correctly?’’ and I can totally spell disappear. Seriously, I can. The question was so easy it went around to hard, then back to easy, and then hard again. I think I spelled disappear ‘dissapear’. *headdesk* DAMN YOU STANDARDIZED TEST JEDI MINDTRICKS.

14. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

What the current one. I've never had a problem with it, makes perfect sense in the surreal poetic sense I imagine it's meant.
    Though perhaps I'm not the best judge, I can make sense of Decartes.

TTFN

Sage

15. Mr.Moon2

Mr.Moon2 Member

I actually knew more words when I was in grade 1 than I do now, Public School really helped me out.

16. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

Meh. Spelling's the only thing I'm good at. There are a couple of words I can't spell but I can't think of them right now. Oh yes, userp... or ucerp... gah, I can't remember for the life of me. I lost on that word once in a spelling bee though.

17. shinta

shinta Member

I speak dutch and this is the first year I get english in school so my english isn't fantastic

18. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Heh, I got english 4 years ago, it's so unfair!;) Nah, I like English, really! :)

19. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

i tend to spell many things wrong, many many things

PEACE and LOVE

20. Orsino

Orsino Member

no no no... hahaha... lol. My real signature. I can write fine, but I sign my name like a doctor and I can't get into the habit of printing my name. I was going to post a picture of my signature that day but my camera died on me, so... I have batteries now. Let's see.... off to take a pic. Blurry... I jumped because a guitar string that snapped and was on the floor touched my foot and I didn't know what it was :p