Sparkys Magic Piano

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by ArtLoveMusic, Jan 28, 2005.

1. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Heya all
    so an old childrens story about a boy and a magic piano who would play for him. I think it was a radio story not sure. But it was one of the first times a synthesiser was used over a human voice to give an electronic mask/ disconnect the voice. Well out lecturer played a snipped of it in a lecture we had (about voice and stuff) and i recognised it. What band/song had a snippet of it in it. i think it was probably the end of it where the piano says something like "your time is up, i will no longer play for you"

please help me imbaffled.

2. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

i don't know.... :confused: sorry
    but i do know that the synth was a vocoder and you speak through it- i have one ;), it layers your voice frequency onto the notes you play and bingo...you get the Sparky voice.

i have never heard of iSparky in a song though....:eek:

3. ArtLoveMusic

he doesnt say sparky, it just says in a synthsed voice "your time is over i will no longer play for you" or something :S ... i dunno why but i thought it might have been a song you had played to me once during brit :S but maybe not.

4. EarthWhirler

EarthWhirler Member

Can you hum it?!? :D

5. Mercy

Mercy Member

Oh wow, Sparky's Magic Piano! I have the video of that! I didn't know about it being a radio show, it must have been converted into a kid's cartoon film in the late 80s/early 90s. If I can dig it out, I'll have a listen and try to work it out. (Gives me an excuse to watch it again!)

6. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

I get whatcha mean fleassy, them words are ringing bells in my head but i can't think where from.... but it really sounds familar!

7. ArtLoveMusic

hehe yea it was when i heared the voice i was just like AAAGGGHHH WHAT IS IT!!??!?! hehe