Spanish clothing

Discussion in 'Spain' started by chaosbound, Feb 23, 2012.

1. chaosbound

chaosbound Guest

I was wondering if anybody from Spain could tell me about the everyday clothing worn in different parts of Spain. What is the norm? What is socially acceptable and what isn't? What situations require different levels of formality? How do the rural villages differ from the city and what is generally worn in each?

2. aeliencactus

aeliencactus Guest

Hi there!
    I'm a Canadian living in Madrid and I can tell you people here dress like people back home. The main difference though is that there are a lot more people so you see more variety. There's also a lot of old people who dress quite traditionally (imagine 1950s or 1940s). I've noticed that it's more common here to see people wear "Aladin pants".. they've been trending for the past few years. I'm not sure though whether they are less open here than back home. I've died my hair turquoise a few months ago and I sure do get A LOT of looks and "madre mia...", someone even tried to secretly take a picture of me on their phone while I was in the subway...

3. DMFP

DMFP Member

I lived in Vidreres (Costa Brava, Girona) for a couple years - just noticed more vibrant in colour - not an expert at this cos I freely admit to having the dress-sense of a dying Hippo:)

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Do Not Despair DMFP, When All Else Fails, Get Yourself To The Nearest

Nudist Beach, There, And Only There, Are All Men Created Equal...:).

*give or take an inch or three*...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.