soy milk spoils?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by amiescrazee, May 12, 2004.

1. amiescrazee

amiescrazee Member

my soy milk seems to go bad in like 4 days? Is that normal or has that happened to anyone else? It turns more of a yellow color....pretty disgusting..

2. PurpleMapleTree

PurpleMapleTree Member

Yea, I read on the bottle to just throw it away 7 days after opening it if you don't finish it. I've finished it before then... so I haven't run into spoiled milk yet. Does the soy milk spoil like cows milk.. like gets sour?.. or cheesy? lol. I'd rather hear about it first instead of finding out the hard way! lol

3. amiescrazee

amiescrazee Member

it gets a dark yellow color...but surprisingly doesn't smell.

4. Yokai-Tororu

Yokai-Tororu Guest

concentrated juices and milks go bad really fast because when you make it easy to digest by making it into a soupy goo you also make it easy for bacteria to eat. They sell little cartons where I shop. You can just get two small ones and that way the closed one can be clean and not spoil until you are done with the first.

5. veinglory

veinglory Member

I also found that opened packs of soy milk spoils a lot more quickly than cow milk. I buy the mini-containers of it rather than the litre ones.