South Carolina may become the dumbest state in the country

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjhangover, May 7, 2013.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Today South Carolina is voting for one of their representatives for congress. Former Governor Mark Sanford (R), who was thrown out of office for cheating on his wife and misusing state funds to screw around, is up against Elizabeth Colbert Busch, the sister of Steven Colbert, the host of the Colbert Report on Comedy Central.
    If South Carolina puts Sanford in congress, the next one the elect could be a pedophile.
    South Carolina already has Lindsey Graham as a senator. Can't get much dumber than that.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

BECOME the dumbest state in the country?

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We'll never be the dumbest state because there will always be Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana! Edit: see also, Tennessee and West Virginia

SC politics are a joke though. I didn't even know Sanford was running for anything so obviously I follow state politics very closely.

4. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I hope Colbert's sister wins. I'm a Colbert mark.

5. d0nny

d0nny Member

Finally someone is taking the pressure off us alabamians...

6. Sig

Sig Senior Member

At least Sanford doesn't have a mugshot, unlike Colbert-Busch. Two real winners those in this district have to choose from.

7. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

South Carolina now gets "PROUD TO BE A MORON" on their license plates.

The republicans claim to be the morally superior party. So they elect a cheater that uses state funds to fool around on his wife. As long as this country has morons putting morons in the government, we will have a moron government. Another shot fired in the Civil war.

8. Sig

Sig Senior Member

They were being asked to choose between two complete douche bags. You're surprised they elected a douche bag?

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

May become?

10. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

RJ... I will go one better: New York where State Senator: Shirley Huntley was arrested for corruption and had been wearing a wire, recording conversations of other crooked pols like State Senate leader John Sampson who was also arrested in the corruption sweep.

A third State Senator: James Sanders is calling Huntley a snitch.

11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Therefore, they consider nothing more evil and immoral than being a Democrat. :rolleyes: The average loyal Southern Republican would vote for Satan, if he said he would fully support the party platform.

If SC looks over its shoulder, it will see NC closing fast in the race to become the ultimate right-wing extremist state. Things are changing fast.

12. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Yep, countless examples out there. I mean, fuck, people in Mass kept voting Kennedy and Frank into office. Then there's the DC voters electing Barry after all his shit went down. Hell, my state elected Al fucking Franken.

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Sanford getting in congress is what happens when you don't vote, and let the morons decide our government.

14. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

I can say right now as someone who has lived in central New York my entire life... Yeah, we're a fucking stupid as hell state. In New York City, they keep re-electing Bloomberg and in the rest of the state, we keep re-electing corrupt dipshits and scumbags.

My last congressperson was a far right wingnut and she was replaced by a centrist democrat who's completely inept. Our governor is a moron who's tanking the economy. Our last governor was a bigger moron who tanked the economy. The guy before them was doing a fine job of tanking the state's economy, but he got caught with a hooker and landed a job as the host of a crappy talk show afterwards.

New York might not be the #1 stupidest state in the country, but I'd say it's probably in the top 5. You think the south has rednecks? Come to Central New York. Our rednecks will out redneck the south any day of the week. The only difference is that about half of our rednecks vote Democrat. And they still manage to find ways to complain about their guns being taken away. Well, dumbass, maybe it's the guy you voted for!

Certain parts of Central New York are like Alabama without the nice weather, southern politeness or good food that make vacationing there sound like a decent idea.

Seriously, I don't know why people think New York is smart. This state is fucking dumb.

15. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

I love this thread-every single post cracks me up. Brilliant !