Sorry, but it's quite time...

Discussion in 'Music' started by hailtothekingbaby, Jan 16, 2005.

1. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

...for a Slipknot unappreciation thread.

In my very very humble opinion, Slipknot are an uninspired bunch of ridiculously clothed and masked losers. They write their music to be easily digested, rough and rebellious so as to appeal predominantly to young teenagers who want to be "different", "individual" and "tough". Teenagers have an added benefit of being easily influenced to buy your records and merchandise no matter how crappy everything is.

Okay so I have a tiny bit of respect for their cunningness on that part. But now, they have done something so lame that it even suprises me. Just like Spiderman, Pokemon and the Teletubbies, they now have their own brand of shoes.

As you can see they are completely in line with modern fashion. Nothing individual about them. To read the fans' reactions on this is even more saddeningly hilarious.

I mean, come on. That's pathetic. I finally found one thing more lowly than slipknot: their fan-base. The word maggot says it all. And yes, the one commenting as Christcrusher is me.

I know I shouldn't bitch about people but I couldn't quite resist this temptation. Sorry. :)

2. Darius

Darius Member

i used to listen to slipknot... the one album before iowa. The good one. Anyways i didnt consider myself "different" or "individual" or whatever i just liked it. I didnt buy any fucking clothes or shoes or anything else made by or for them.

3. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

i sorta agree. i try not to hate people. they're low on my list of people adn they try to sound tough when they talk/sing, but oh well. they make other people look better.

4. prism

prism :o

AHAHAaaaa......pokemon & slipknot having something in common...that was awesome.

5. earthmuffin

earthmuffin Member

Wow. Slipknot shoes. Mmm. I know if I was a shoe company, they most definetly wouldn't be at the top of my list...ech hem.

As for their 'music'. I really try to appreciate all genres, and at least try and see what people get out of it. However, what they call "music", isn't music...it's rubish. bah.

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

All I know is I like Wait and Bleed and Duality
    I also don't understand why they need so many people in their band

7. 8footsativa_chik

8footsativa_chik Waka Chang-Chang

Haha! They're playing at Big Day Out this weekend, we wana chuck Bad Pies at them. They suck balls man.
    You know how they're rumoured to piss on eachother, the crowd and they're security guards? Well my uncle could have been doing security for them, and i was thinking that if they had of pissed on him, he would have jumped on stage and beat the shit out of all of them, reguardless if they were in the middle of they're show. HAHA! But hes not so they're lucky. lol