Songwriting

Discussion in 'Music' started by ImaPeach, May 28, 2004.

1. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Couldn't find a thread for this already so......

Who here writes their own stuff?

I wrote a new song tonight and I just love the feeling you get when you've just perfected something that sounds really great and want to do nothing but play it over and over and over for hours until it permanently becomes a part of you. And then you play it constantly for days until people throw jugs of cider at you.... or maybe that only happens to me...

2. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

i write my own stuff... i have some good guitar tunes and some good lyrics, but i have trouble putting them together.

3. sassure

sassure Member

I've been writing my own stuff for quite some time...now I'm even experimenting with different song formats. Like you, I tend to get close to the songs I write, and it's only after two weeks or so that I begin to see the weaknesses in a song, and it's only then that I make changes.

Sometimes I'll even release betas of a new song, and update the thing at regular intervals. I can think of one track in particular that I must have revised at least twelve times, finally adding a sixty-second surprise ending that provided the right closure. So there are twelve different versions of the same song circulating out there in cyberspace....which is cool with me.

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I've written some stuff with a friend of mine, but no lyrics. Most of the time, i don't like lyrics, and either does he, so it's instrumental.