Songs That Make You Feel Good

Discussion in 'Music' started by lunarflowermaiden, Apr 16, 2007.

1. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

What are some songs that either cheer you up when you are down, remind you of someone, or just make you feel happy in general? One of them for me is "The Rain, The Park, and Other Things" by The Cowsills. I don't quite exactly know what it is about it, but I love that song. Of course, there are many more I could mention, but I'd like to see yours instead of listing all of mine [​IMG].

2. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Most ska
    "Good Day Sunshine" - The Beatles
    "Yellow Submarine" - The Beatles
    "Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da" - The Beatles
    "Incense and Peppermints" - Strawberry Alarm Clock

3. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Twist and Shout - The Beatles
    Please, mister postman - The Beatles
    In my life - The Beatles
    Hey bulldog - The Beatles
    Rock and roll music - The Beatles
    Sherry baby - Frankie Valli and the four seasons

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

When I have a song that make me feel good again I often listen it too much, so I have different songs often. One of the songs that still is able to getting me in a good mood is Light flight of Pentangle, just let my mind go and wander. It's a perfect song for it. I love everything about that song.
    That also counts for Epic voyage of Smoke in Sunshine and Into the void of Black Sabbath, although it's pretty different from Light flight. I just get happy when my mind wanders of on music. :)
    Some songs of the Doors still make me feel good, especially Take it as it comes. Oh, and Going over the hill by Dead man gets me happy any day as well :D
    A song that reminds me of someone else is Edwyn Collins - A girl like you.

5. lunarflowermaiden

The_Walrus and Miss_Beatle, you two are Beatles fanatics [​IMG]. Most of their songs brighten up my day, as well.

Asmodean, I am also happy when my mind wanders off in music. I would consider The Doors as more relaxing and unwinding music for me. I always listen to them prior to going to sleep. Nice song choice, too. I like "A Girl Like You."

Hmm, I'd say "The Rain Song" by Led Zeppelin is a great song that reminds me of someone [​IMG].

6. Cristall

Cristall Member

At the moment especially No Rain by Blind Melon makes me feel good. All Together Now by The Beatles is one of my favourites as well. I also love Mind Excursion by The Tradewinds, Going Up The Country by Canned Heat or Let's go to San Francisco. And last but not least Alice's Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie, it makes me laugh every time I listen to it. Well, there are so many songs, so I better stop now as long as I can't remember them.

7. PSYCHEDELICA MAN

PSYCHEDELICA MAN The psychman

my feel good songs-the beach boys:i can hear music---the beatles:she loves you---barry ryan:kitsch---the searchers:sweets for my sweet---dave clark five:glad all over---:)

8. Ellis

Ellis Member

I get sad when I hear that song, well, least a little melancholic. [​IMG]

For me, I get happy by a couple of songs. Like for example:
    Bob Marley - 'Is This Love' (Ska and Reaggea can really get me smiling)
    The Levellers - 'One Way'
    and stuff like the Supremes, The Shirelles, The Temptations, Ray Charles, Madness,...
    And anything by THE KINKS. [​IMG]

9. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

yeah, the Kinks...Picture Book puts me in a good mood.

Also, lots of sort of happy clappy sounding music like The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes and What's So Funny Bout Peace Love & Understanding by Elvis Costello, Portions for Foxes by Rilo Kiley and some Belle and Sebastian - Funny Little Frog, My Wandering Days are Over, The Blues are Still Blue, Your Cover's Blown and heaps more...oooh, ooh, and Rebellion (Lies) by the Arcade Fire. Good memories with that song.

for less demenetedly happy music I'm a big fan of laid back, sunshiney dub music - anything by Fat Freddy's Drop, The Black Seeds, Rhombus...good times

10. lunarflowermaiden

I find I always feel more relieved if I listen to sad, thought-provoking songs when I am down. If I am already feeling great and want to feel even better, then I turn on some cheery, light music.

11. AerialReaver

AerialReaver Member

Mostly anything from pshycopathic records. ICP, Boondox, Twiztid, Blaze ya Dead Homie, ABK, shit like that cause that's what we all listened to in highschool. Also it's what we listened to in my hometown. Any nirvana is good too.

12. maryjanegirl_2005

maryjanegirl_2005 Controlled Chaos

Any 60's song makes me feel good.

13. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

almost anything the beatles and almost anything incubus

14. SmokeyMcDeezy

SmokeyMcDeezy Member

"The Joker" by Steve Miller. I've got so many good memories to that song. "Bombs Over Bagdad" by Outkast too. sweet sweet song.

15. superfrank

superfrank Member

Free by Prince. I first heard it after one of my close friends died and I felt the words to it made sense for her spirit and how she is now. And it feels nice to think she's free and happy now.

16. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

Sweet Leaf - Black Sabbath
    The main riff is so simple that it simply rocks!

Acid Rain - Liquid Tension Experiment
    If you like progressive rock/metal, you've got to check this band. Start with this tune, it's amazing!

17. stonedmonkiwana

stonedmonkiwana K9 Handler

I Think I'll Stay Here and Drink by Merle Haggard

18. davidadge

davidadge Member

Snow ((Hey Oh)) by The Red Hot Chili Peppers reminds me of my crew back home and the good times we had. Makes me all nostalgic.
    The entire album "Ravermeister vol.6" makes me all happy for my acid days.

19. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Pretty much all Beatles songs make me feel amazing =]

20. Justyna

Justyna Member

'A horse with no name' by America, and all Polish Christmas carols.