Something you thought was really cool when you were younger but....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Something you thought was really cool when you were younger but nowadays you think was I seriously into this?

Bored of stuff I currently have on my MP3 player, looking through the torrentz as to what other stuff I can put on there.

And up popped Talking heads, oh I remember them, when I was 14 the album Little Creatures, I was really in to, used to play all the time, like crazy.

Even though I was a bit of a metalhead at the time, was Slayer and Metallica and ACDC.....but along with MJs Thriller, The Cure and New Order - all stuff that standed the test of time

But Little Creatures, I hadnt heard basically since then, so downloaded, listened - and thought, shit, did I really used to be into this shit? It sounded so kindergarden

The Greatest American Hero is another one, used to love that show as a teen, caught a rerun of that the other week, man it seemed so dorky

2. delilah sunshyne

delilah sunshyne Member

jim carrey movies

dmx

making pipes/ bongs out of household materials

big smelly dogs

total request live on mtv

fast food

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF33EJ85-1I"]Silverchair - Israel's Son - YouTube

this song is still kind of cool to me, so its a bad example. I used to be obsessed with silverchair, completely fucking obsessed.

This song really isn't that bad though, listening to it...I haven't heard this shit in years.

4. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

[​IMG]

I used to wear that exact same red one when I was seven. Now I look at it again, it's cool and I want to wear it. :D

Just in case.

5. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

Pokemon cards

6. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

There are a few things that I won't mention because they are far too embarrassing to admit to liking...

But I used to wear black lipstick/nail polish because I thought it looked so awesome when I was younger.

I don't know what I was thinking....

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

MacGuyver

8. PEACEFUL LIBRA

Starter jackets remember i used to have every team

i dont know if they where big everywhere but in my city they where

9. Marchfool

Marchfool Member

I'm the other way round with that album. I used to think it was shit now it's the only TH's album I ever play. It's funny you talk about it as being kindergarden when there's that silly song about a baby on it but that's just Byrne messing about the rest of the album is brilliant. I quitle like that one too really. it's just a bit of fun.

As to the topic-
    Left wing politics. Now although I'm not a conservative and never could be 'cause they just...well they just outlaw drugs but I hate the left-wingers now. they're just so smug. I actually realised I was so sick of left-wing smugness that I hated them more than I hated the neo-cons...well I diid for a while.

10. Scrogs

Scrogs Member

They were big here too, couldnt even get a Raiders Jacket back in the day. I was guily of owning some of these too.

I wore MC hammer pants too :clown:

11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

ball necklaces...like metallic balls. everyone wore them when i was in middle school.

bucket hats. Everyone wore those in middle school too, usually paired with a ball necklace.

adidas shelltop shoes. Actually, I found my old pair the other day and I still think they're cool. You never see anyone wearing those anymore but they used to be the motherfuckin shiiiiit

13. dizz36

dizz36 Member

I used to think that being goth was really cool hahah
    & i used to be really into eating home made playdoe haha like one time everyone brought some in when i was in 3rd grade and a bunch of kids let me have theres so i hid it in my room and ate it for weeks.
    I was sooooo wierd.

14. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Some subcultures, I guess.

Wolverine

Guns

Gangster rap

15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

when i was a boy i had crushes on many teachers and older women in general....i thought about sleeping with them and all the nasty things they would do to me

but

now i am 51 and older women just dont do it for me any more

as a matter of fact i have done a complete about face and now i like younger women...

go figure

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  16. lynzxx

lynzxx Senior Member

i use to have a babyborn doll. wrap her in a blanket. and think that people thought she was real, haha i thought i was cool...and a mammy :p

17. uglypuppy

uglypuppy Member

Green Day.
    Good Charlotte.
    Anti-Flag.
    Pretending not to be poor.
    Straight edge.

18. PEACEFUL LIBRA

Ripped jeans

19. deleted

deleted Visitor