something that you love about yourself

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, May 27, 2013.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

People are often too hard on themselves and forget about their good qualities. I thought I would start a thread where we can post something we love about ourself. If can be anything..

Something I love about is myself is that I'm versatile/easily adaptable to my environment. This comes comes in handy since I love traveling. I'm able to sleep anywhere and I'm fine with it- floor, couch, tent...I'm the person that you'd want to take along with you backpacking or camping. And I'm not 'girly'/high maintanence..I dont always need a hairbrush or fancy clothes. I won't cry because I need a shower. I won't complain..I embrace the adventure of it all.

I love that I'm versatile in this way and improvise easily to different types of circumstances, planned or un-planned.

2. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

3. Gray passenger

Gray passenger Member

I don't use make up.

4. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

i like the way i talk. i hate my accent, which is all over the shop, but i've always been a huge fan of interesting turns of phrase and try to remember them whenever i can. now they've sort of inflected my speech a little, i never thought of it as being like an affectation, i always did it unconsciously, but the other week someone told me when pissed that they liked the way i talked and i was chuffed as hell :D

5. acuarela

acuarela Member

You're confusing girly with high maintenance.

6. autophobe2e

i once met someone hiking through laos who had to buy his girlfriend a shitload of litre bottles of spring water to wash in because she didnt trust the water in the showers. he had a whole hiking rucksack full of them and only like 3 changes of clothes for himself.

next level maintenance.

7. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

I have the best taste in music of almost anyone i know

8. acuarela

acuarela Member

I can't tell which one is worse, the girl for requiring it or the guy for complying.

9. Death

i would have just said no... what's she gonna do? buy it herself? maybe, but signifigant other or not, that falls under the category of "not my freaking trivial problem"

10. autophobe2e

it comes to something when your hiking through the 44th poorest nation in the world where starvation is far from uncommon and access to clean drinking water is often limited and your fucking bathing yourself in evian.

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I love how strong I've been in the face of adversity and came out all the stronger and better and more humble for it. I love how I'm at peace with things... all I've come through at get here just makes me proud of myself and I love my life and what I've become. And being a good mom. And I'm a loyal person with a lot of compassion. I'm also my own person and think my own thoughts.

12. Death

thats why americans get kidnapped

13. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Ha i actually just realized that and was gonna change that to 'high maintenance' even before reading your reply. I often edit and revise my posts because I realize I could have explained it better..

14. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

What I love about myself..

I am friendly and people, even strangers, come and talk to me freely.
    Yes, I enjoy being with people and talking to them.

15. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

my hotness

16. roamy

roamy Senior Member

man! where do i start ?ha! ha! being hotter than mike is a good beginning:rolleyes::smilielol5::smilielol5:

17. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

and roamy don't forget your GREAT imagination, probably your greatest asset!

18. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

Even when I had self confidence issues, one thing I liked about myself is that I'm brave. It's still one of the things I like most about myself.

19. FlowerMama

FlowerMama Member

My Canadian-ness. I love my accent and canadianisms. :)
    Also the fact that I have almost no shame, and I'll do almost anything because I think it'd be funny or a good story - and that I'll laugh as hard at myself for doing something stupid as I will someone else.
    No judgement, just humour. :rockon:

~ FlowerMama

20. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I care about others.