Something strange in Reefer Madness...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Peace Attack, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

In the color version of reefer madness (the one with the Mike Nelson commentary) I noticed what appeared to be a 420 flash on the screen. For a split second the screen goes black then in green writing it shows a 4 and then 20 in strange text.

I first noticed this when I was high and firgued I was just too stoned. But then I watched it when I was 100% straight and sober and saw it, clear as day. I tried 10 times and finally I paused it at the right moment. I could only get a pic of the 20 part: (sorry it's too big)
    [​IMG]

It happens in scene 6 titled: 'Billy gets a taste for the reefer'. Its in the beginning of the scene when they first arrive in the apartment when a woman says "Bill, don't stand over there" then Billy walks toward her and about 3 seconds after he starts to move it flashes on the screen.

I'm not trying to prove anything, it's just something I found funny So I thought I would share with you guys.

2. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

I checked my black and white version and can't spot it, i wonder what thats all about.

3. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

Yea I noticed that on the new colourized DVD edition.

4. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

i totally saw that too! i was thinking about subliminal messaging, but then i realized flashing 420 wouldnt accomplish anything...i think the people who colorized it just threw it in as a joke

5. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

Subliminal messages are illegal, a lot of people do it for no real reason other than to either seem mysterious, or add extra shit to notice. Insane Clown Posse does it constantly.

6. Infinitee

Infinitee Member

That's it, call in the CP (Conspiracy Police) we got a chaser!

7. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

subliminal messages cant be illegal! do you know how much shit just flies right on through? dont belive me? lock yourself down on a chair and watch 12 hours of nothing but local stations.

its everywhere dude.

8. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Subliminal messages don't work. You can spend every night's sleep for a month listening to tapes that tell you Bush is a good guy, best thing for america...then hear about one bombed out innocent Iraqi citizen's house and that is powerful enough to erase any effect the tapes had. Subliminal messages are incredibly weak.

9. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

i definitely heard they worked man! but maybe im thinking of something else, cause they did an experiment where they flashed images of popcorn and coke over a movie for like 1/2000 of a second and popcorn and coke sales went up like 70%! maybe thats not considered subliminal messages though...and i dont think you could convince ANYONE that bush is a good guy...except for half of america...shit man!

10. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Where did everyone buy their version of reefer madness. I've been looking around for it.

11. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Nice story, but not true.

http://www.snopes.com/business/hidden/popcorn.asp

12. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

i got mine at blockbuster, but ive also seen it at best buy

shit sorry about that! i guess i should double check my sources next time! thats a cool website too.