Something Is Wrong......

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Ashalicious, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Bud D

Bud D Member

The liver does a lot with fat metabolism. What is your body fat %? Maybe you need more?

2. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I am not sure of my body fat %....my husband and I have talked about getting tested...there is a place here where you can pay $100.00 and they use a machine to figure out your exact body fat %.

If i had to guess, I'd say my body fat % is 15 - 25....but I could be way off.......

3. Bud D

Bud D Member

I have a weight watchers digital scale that sends a small current through the body to estimate body fat, bone %, water % and all that. It's been a good bit low on my weight lately, says my 65pound dog weighs 40. Also says that I weigh 163 in the morning when the old scale says I weigh 170. I think it may need a new battery but it is supposed to tell me when with an error.

My last body fat according to the scale was 23.5%, I need more muscle.

4. Ashalicious

I suspect I am WAY off with my estimate, but then again, who knows.

I will ask my trainer tomorrow and see if he can give me a better answer.

Oh, and again today I felt fine and like I had a significant amount of energy. I suspect my being so exhausted was the result of a B12 and/or Omega 3 deficiency.

It is nice to feel like myself again.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Maybe it's Spring Fever.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ashalicious

You know, that did occur to me........

2 people like this.
  7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

What did the tests show?

8. Ashalicious

I never heard back from the doctor, and with him, no news is good news.

I was doing pretty good with my vitamins but haven't been taking them for the last week or so. I should get back on that.

I'm 5 months meat free today :D

9. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Jeez Ash, sounds horrible what you were going through. Glad you got it sorted out at least (I hope?). I have many days where I feel overly fatigued. I suspect it's something to do with my diet, since I usually only eat roughly 2 meals per day. Without a vehicle, sometimes those meals are pretty damn meager too.

Like yesterday ('blah blah blah' area haha!), I woke up and had company so had a late breakfast. Toaster waffles and greek yogurt around 1pm. Didn't eat again (other than a bunch of junk: vegetable crackers, Cheetos bacon cheese fries, etc) until like midnight, 3 pieces of pizza. I do that about 4 days out of the week... Not always pizza and yogurt waffles, but you know what I'm saying lol.

Right abdomenal pain could be your appendix. One sign of an overworked liver could be discolored/grayish stool. Also yellowing of the skin/eyes.
    (Jeez, I've been talking so much about poop and farts lately.)

Did her bff's mom have these issues after a prolonged lack of protein in her diet??

10. Ashalicious

I am feeling much better, and I am not even feeling the need to supplement as heavily as I was, although I do load up on Vitamin D supplements most days.

I wonder if my feeling so fatigued was simply spring fever? I never heard back from the lab after I went to get my levels checked.

How have you been feeling lately?

11. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

That's great! It's always nice to feel good. Whether it be physically, mentally... or a mixture of both. Is it safe to take that much vitamin D? I saw you say you were taking 5-6 a day. I know vitamin C needs to be replenished on a daily basis, but I thought D was sort of a... idk what they call it, a constant... something or other??? Come to think of it, I may have a D deficiency. I should ask about nutrition testing next time I'm at the doc's.

(Though I told myself I wouldn't go there for anything but refills because of the quality of treatment I get there.)

It's usually a good thing if you don't hear back. If something came up that was important I'm sure they would contact you. But still, I'd call up and be like 'Hey bitches... Did you get my thing and do my thing and forget to tell me about my thing??' :D

I'll send you a PM so I don't go derailing your thread lol.

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

that's no ironclad guarantee.
    lots of women continue to have periods into early pregnancy.
    pee on a stick ;)