someone please help me i dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Internity, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Internity

Internity Member

ok, my boyfreind has been smoking weed for 3 years befroe he met me, (we met 5 months ago)and he still does, but i had to quit, like 3 months ago. about a week ago he told me he wanted to quit and he was goin to stop smoking so he can have a better future and stuff and so i wil be happier, cause when i tlak to him, when hes high, i feel its not evn him that im talking to, and hes always sleppy and stupid shit like that, so yeah, he quit, for 3 days...!... uh, i was sooooooooooooo prouod of him, im serious, evry one said he wouldn;t be able to stop, and i said, "i believe he can and so does he, he will stop" so, one day. i go to his house walk in his room to suprise him and i smell that wonderful weed smell, smoke freakin burns my eyes(hotboxing his room) and and my heart sinks, he was high as a kite,he tells me "oh, uh, im gonna smoke weed instead of smoking ciggarttes" so im like..." ok, so um, the only time im goin to see u sober is at lunch??" he's all, "km, please dont do this to me" i know hes scard im goin to break up with him becasue he smokes(im not) but im scared im goin to have to becasue he chose pot over me, ok, then i call him the next day, he's high again, so im thinkin, "ok, its his freaking life, let him waist it away he already doesn't care about school, hes not gonna quit, not even for me, " so i tell him, u know, this is all your choice, i dont have a problm with that anymore, (cause i didnlt) but now im more pissed off then i will ever be, i have no idea what to do, your probly thinkin, "why quit? are you crazy/??" but i dont know, i know one day hes gonna have to pick ..pot or me,???... im sooooooooo scared he'll pick pot, but we love eachother more thn anyting in the world, so hopefully ...i donno...plase help me, give m advce,tell me if im doin something wrong, im just trying to help him, he knows i care, but................................its confusing......anyone who has been in this situation or just can help me, please do.....i dont want to make the wrong chioce.

2. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

well if u want him to quit, and he continues to smoke weed instead of listening to you, might as well end it. If he doesnt have enough will power to stop smoking, i doubt he will be very head strong in other situaations

3. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

This what i would do. Knowing that he wont quit, even for his girlfriend, why dont you ask him if he can just cut down on smoking a little bit, and just do it when your not around. Or just ask him to smoke less when ever he smokes, so he doesnt turn into a completly different person when he is high that would make you uncomfertable around him.

4. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Interesting... bud doesn't really make me into a different person. When I'm high I'm relaxed, when I'm not high I'm relaxed. It just makes me think of different things in another way.

How does he act when he's high? Like a drunk? And how does he act when he's not high?

You ever think about smoking with him? I dunno if that'd work just trying to think of ideas. Because if he act likes a drunk after he smokes I know it's not fun to be around drunk people especially those you love when you're sober so I dunno.

5. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Also, are you sure that it's only when he's high that he acts differently or could his personality be changing overall?

6. Internity

Internity Member

no, he doesnt act liek a drunk, he just is wierd, like he;'s sleepy, (of course) he is wayyyyy to relaxed, and it makes him horny, it bugs me when he thinks he';s gonna get something from me when he's high, yes, ive smoed woht him many times, and he;s weirdness doenst bug me when we're both high. but when im not and he is, its weird, its like, he cant concentrate cause hes zonned off into his own world , he forgets everything, and things like that, but, hes an awesome person inside and out, i just wish, he'd stop,. and yes, he tried to smoke less, doens;t work, i just wish i could again, (but i cant) becaseu when i see him do it, i want to, its hard to explain.

7. Internity

Internity Member

oh sorry, i dont spell check after i write, i type to fast, ....:)

8. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

Let the man smoke his trees

9. angelique

angelique Member

you say you love him but him at the moment is happy high on pot - its a part of him and you (because you have the problem) are the one who has to love it or leave it, not him.

10. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Schwa

You can't changed somebody who is set in there ways

11. element7

element7 Random fool

By all means, communicate openly and honestly. Some folk do indeed have a problem with the ganja. It's a sad fact but they do. If this fellow is honest and really digs you, perhaps you should just accept him for who he is and make a decision based on that. Maybe he's just a ganjanite, a stoner, and it is how he will be.

12. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I agree, but he did say he was going to quit. If he isn't able to quit, he has a problem with it. That or something is quite wrong in his life and that's how he's coping with it. Either way, it's an unhealthy practice. Herb isn't meant to be abused like that, I look at it as a gift to be used wisely and not something that gets in the way of human relationships. The way she described this guy he sounds like an addict, I'm sorry to say.