some weird rules....

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by thelonedude0089, Apr 27, 2007.

1. thelonedude0089

thelonedude0089 Member

the other day i went to a different town and met some of my friend's friends, they all smoke alot of pot, but got some funny rules i never heard of in my days of smoking....

first one was: dont put water in the bong! ive never smoked a bong without water, and i dont see why you wouldnt just use a normal bowl if your not gonna put water in it... but he had this great bong but refused to put water in it, saying it filters out the THC.. is that true???

second rule was "no smoking a cigarette while were passing a blunt around, its disrespectful to the weed because it ruins the high" what?? i always do that, and it gets me more high if anything!

anyone heard of these crazy rules? i wouldve been like "wtf" but i was new in this area, already high as fuck, and getting smoked out for free...

2. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

it's different everywhere... but a waterless bong is a bit odd.
    but usually i smoke a ciggy after the joints/bowls/we are all said and done.
    wait i quit smoking....

ughhh. the nicotine. fuck the nicotine.

3. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

never heard of anyone not putting water in the bong. But ya defiantly no smoking cigs while marijuana is being smoked.

4. Infinite Sky

Infinite Sky Member

Nope. THC is lipid soluable and thus doesn't like water.

5. short-man420

short-man420 Member

there was ONE time i used a bong without water, and it was just cuz it was one of those tiny bottle bongs, and we didn't have any water to put in it so we just used it as a pipe

in my circle of friends, no one lights a cigarette while we're still smoking weed, if someone lights up a smoke they are volunteering themselves out of the rest of the session, we all know the rule, thus no one lights a smoke till the weed's gone

6. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

man i hate smoking a bong with no water. it makes it so much harsher.

7. makesmomcry420

makesmomcry420 shlimazl

ive heard of ppl using dry rice instead of water, and ive smoked a bong witout water before too, but i dont prefer it, as for the cig, ive lit up in a circle as long as its outside and its never been a problem. seems to me that those kids need to get those rabid badgers out of their asses

8. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

I see smoking out of a bong pointless if the smoke does not become cool before your hit. I like to use Arizona Ice Tea.

Also about the cigs I do not like when people smoke cigs because I feel it takes away from the weed.

9. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What a bunch of morons. THC has a 2.8 mg/L ideal solubility in water, the waters going to become saturated almost instantly with such a little amount that it would be literally impossible to detect any difference. Smoking a cigarette is known to boost up your high; they're pretty unintelligible in my opinion.

10. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

I never heard of using a bong without water. Seems pretty pointless.

We pretty much have the cigarette rule around here too, but it's not an official rule or ettiquette thing, it's just an unwritten assumption type thing. The lighting of a cigarette marks the end of your pot smoking. Plain and simple.

11. CK420

CK420 Member

in any circles around here there are no ciggys in the circle
    you can light one up but then your out the rest of the session
    noones gona get mad at you our anything
    and mabey they guy didnt want water in his bong because hes completely anal?

12. makesmomcry420

makesmomcry420 shlimazl

i dont really see the problem, its not like they are putting their cig in your mouth. i can see if its inside cuz some ppl dont like the smell of cigs in their place but if you are outside it shouldnt matter

13. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

I dont have a rule against smoking really, but I do prefer that people dont smoke a cig while we're passing the joint/bowl. But I really dont care to be honest.

But I guess some of you were right when you said that someone lighitng up a cig kinda means that theyre done with smoking the weed, I never thought about it like that but youre right...

14. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

Us too, cigarettes are for after the smoking of bud, and as for not putting water in your bong, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

15. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Point of interest:

In The Netherlands, smokers often mix tobacco with their weed and hash.

16. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

fucking hell why do people make up shitty rules like that. do you think one day they though, "I know, if someone starts smoking a cig that means they dont want to smoke weed anymore, and even if they do still want weed then lets not give it to them hahahahhah" what twats. i bet if they did it they would think that they had all the right to do so....

gah...i hate people

17. 1968_hippie

1968_hippie Member

Dude i dont know if you were stoned when you posted this but umm ut doesnt really matter if you put water in it or not..personally i smoke weed in my bong with water because if you don't put water in it then its gonna be really harsh on your lungs one time some kid was with me and a couple of friends and we tried it with no water and this kid had a ashma attack and we had to take him to the emergency room and he was stoned too shit it was pretty damn funny but yeah my point here is if you don't use water it's just gonna be harsher on your lungs but what the hell it gets you high faster!...

18. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

if your smokin a cig your out of the circle. but when your done the piece is headed your way. or if more than one wants to smoke a cig then we just chill until they're done. UNLESS of course, the bud is yours. then we cant say shit about it. thats the rules here.

19. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

I dont smoke cigs, but every time my buddy lights a cig i still offer him the hit,

excuses them self out of the circle?

wtf? if its their pot, would you excuse them out of the circle?

20. wiuf

wiuf Member

fuck all these arbitrary "rules". that's so ridiculous; I hate when potheads, of all people, get dogmatic and ritualistic about getting high. just smoke your fucking drugs and if someone wants to smoke a fag, why the hell should anyone else care?