Some stones I painted when I was young

Discussion in 'Art' started by McLeodGanja, Oct 17, 2010.

1. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Hi, I recently became re-acquainted with a small art project of mine I undertook for a short while when I was about 12. I decided to take up stone painting for some reason, but like most things when I was that age it was a passing fad. They've pretty much been in storage since then in my parents loft, but I recently took them out and I think they look rather fetching atop my new lavatory. I only did 5 in total as far as I can remember, the first two shown in the pics are just copied from the covers of computer games, but the other two I got a bit more creative. The 4th one I think was modeled on the planet Jupiter, which I have always been fascinated by. The 5th is safely tucked away in my storage boxes because it's shit.

Anyway, the problem I have is that with them being so old and now being constantly exposed to condensation in the air, the paint is starting to wear. I just wondered if anyone knew of something that I could use to paint over them that would preserve their look without affecting the colour?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

spray with clearcoat (test a small section underneath first)

3. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

I used to do that with stones found on the Loch.

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you left the seat up...or is that what the fancy device is?

5. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

thats beautiful, these painted stones:)

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

yaya , i've been coloring on stones lately with colored pencils . i spray them with clearcoat acrylic . it doesn't change the balance of color tone , however , it adds brilliance .

7. OneLifeForm

OneLifeForm Member

I have never seen someone do that with a toilet. A toilet weight to keep the seat up.