Some questions! Please help out if you can :D

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by RichieAfrica, Jan 16, 2009.

1. RichieAfrica

RichieAfrica Member

ahoy all, i got some questions yo

for the deep cleanse - So how much baking soda (which im assuming is the powder, cos u dont get liquid, and i thought i read someone saying they're using the 'liquid')[/SIZE] do u use to how much water?

Vinegar AND baking soda? - I also read on some dread blog the other day about using baking soda and vinegar at the same time, to get that real fizzing action going on, as a cleaning method... anyone tried this? sounds dodgy im very reluctant

dandruff - also my sometimes bad, sometimes not so bad dandruff keeps coming in kind of like stages. i got this therapeutic tea tree shampoo, which helps, but also kinda reluctant cos it doesnt say residue free or anything, and has some of those SLSy kinda things - i try just use it on my scalp, not really the locks.
    anyone have a sound anti-dandruff solution? please any advice - i
    really hate having dandruff, makes me feel a bit dirrrty and irritated :willy_nilly:

2. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Uh xD Deep cleanseage, people do different things and I'm sure someone will say something better than my answer but I used a large bowl of water :) and half a tub of baking soda xD

Dandruff: now thats something I know about ^^ I got rid of mine with some rosemary tea :) grab a handfulish of rosemary, boil it and let it simmer for a bit untill the water goes reeeeally brown, like 15/20 mins, drain the 'tea' into a container and throw the herby bits that are left away. Find yourself a clean squirty bottle thing, you can get little ones from boots for £1.19 ;D or a gardening one for probably cheaper, shove the tea in there and give your scalp a good ol' soakin'!! Leave the stuff for 10 mins or something and personally I didnt wash it out, but you can if you want :) My dandruff went the next day :D

3. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

Richie: Welcome! Haven't seen you here yet ^-^ you sound cute <3

and Dragonvine: that was super advise! I think I'll be trying that out too. Not for dandruff, I just love the smell of rosemary! x x x

4. Dragonvine

Dragonvine I do Glass

Woohoo ^^ I am doing a little good on this forum then, rather than just hanging around like a .. erm.. fly with no where to go? xD

I guess you could add a few drops of tea tree oil too to spice it up a bit xD

Oh and LuxieBow, your pics are gorgeous :)

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

2/2 a tub?
    i use a gallon size pitcher, put in 1/3 to 3/4 cup baking soda (i dont measure just pour whatever looks right) then i add 10-20 drops teatree oil and 10-20 orf rosemary oil
    sometimes add 2 tablespoons lemon juice ande sea salt too
    leave it soak in your drewads as long as u can stand it..up to 1/2 hour
    rince really well
    your dandruff will be much better
    i use the vinagar just ase a rince after a dfeep cleanse
    again just a capfull or 2 in the sdame gallon pitcher and add more teatree and rosemary
    leave in a feww min or so then rince out well
    i sometimes add a big ol glob of aloe to that vinagar rince too
    the vinbagar although it is used as a cleaner/degreaser is more for conditioning then clkewanning however it can help remove any buildup from residue soaps

6. RichieAfrica

RichieAfrica Member

i did the deep cleanse again, this time with quite a lot more bicarb than ive used before. and a lot more tree tree oil. ive got lank* dreads on my head, so i need a lot man!
    didnt have any rosemary oil, definitely gonna get some. my dandruff is a lot better now, thanks! and they feel very clean... it will come back though :/ bicarb:cheap. pure essential oils: not so cheap. haha.

*lots of (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lank) ... just incase u got confused there :)

7. soaringeagle

never heard of lank but i gotta ask, when you have to include a definition of a slang word to be understood wouldnt it be simpler to just say what you mean (lots of) rather then trying to apear cool using urban slang?

i doubt your lots of dreads comes cflose to my lots of dreads so i understand needing aloit
    but i wouldnt use a 1/2 tub ofd baking soda or u may have trouble getting it all out
    1/3 to 3/4 cups is plenty if mixed in a gallon or so water
    and thats enough for this lank (thats a very weird word sorry i can;t bring myself to use it) i mean lots of dreads
    [​IMG]

8. RichieAfrica

RichieAfrica Member

hahah ''trying to appear cool''. man im just being myself i say it all the time. i have to stop myself from typing it around here sometimes, its such a natural part of my speech.

and yes we all know u've got the best/longest dreads why u always post the same pic

anyway thanks for all the responses guys

9. soaringeagle

just been lazy havebnt gotten around to taking new ones..lol
    i might next week tho