Some Kind of Jam 4

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by umboards, Jan 21, 2009.

1. umboards

umboards Member

wonderin if anyone on here has been to some kind of jam, and how does it compare to say All Good? I know its a much smaller, local fest but more in terms as how is the music, people, dr*gs.....?? need to kno if its worth going:cheers2:

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

I went to some kind of jam 2, and some kind of jam 3, and I thought both were great.
    Some kind of jam 2 was a very small festival. There was a lot of woods, a small trail with vendors, and a stage, thats it. There were only 2 people in the "crowd" for the opening act, me and a staff member. lol. But attendance picked up over the course of the night. It was the first time I ever got to see my favorite band,"natural breakdown" live. And there was an on stage marriage proposal. The music was great. Jam, bluegrass, rock, alternative, funk, reagae... I met a lot of good friends at some kind of jam 2. Ive seen a lot of them throughout the past 2 years at different festival throughout the country. We had a hacky sack circle going from sun up to sun down, and drum circles till morning. I wont comment on any drugs, I brought my own.

Some kind of jam 3 was my favorite local festival of 2008. I was surprised to see how much the location change made the festival grow. This time it was in a large open area in a rural town. there were fields, a huge covered pavilion stage, an indoors stage, lots of vendors, and a playground. There were about 1000 to 2000 people at the festival. The music showcased many of the same bands as the year before, but with a lot of other great bands thrown on top. Highlights for me were, natural breakdown, indobox, cabinet, codename, and juggling suns. The crowd was larger but just as chill. I saw a lot of friends from some kind of jam 2. The weather was perfect. Again I wont comment on the drugs. I brought my own. If your wondering though, everyone is open minded, including staff.

I may be attending, I'm in school and I work on the weekends now. Last year I got a very good fill of festivals, including all good. Some kind of jam 4 will not be anything to compare to all good as far as size. Though they are similar in several ways. They both have one large stage and one smaller stage, they both feature diverse good music, they both have similar types of people, though i prefer the smaller festival crowd. It will take more work to make some kind of jam into the crazy party that all good will give you, but it will be just as fun. Some kind of jam has a more chill crowd, less hype. The night brings the party, as always. One of the best things about some kind of jam is that the concessions prices are much cheaper than all good... and you don't get searched.... and you don't have to wait in any lines...

3. umboards

umboards Member

thanks man...ill prob make the trip

4. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

i thought some kind of jam 3 was so much fun. my favorite band of the time was indobox. i heard some pretty good stuff there and the atmosphere was so relaxing and then at night everything just got awesomer. def one worth going to

5. TheChoosenOne

TheChoosenOne Member

Yo we should form a hip meetup group. anyone?

6. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

where is this fest? ive heard about it but i cant seem to remember where it is.

7. veroness

kempton, PA

8. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

oooh and wen? i might be goin. i have friends in PA that want me to come rage

9. veroness

10. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

oh really? that sux i have so much much stuff goin on at that time! no good :(