soldiers

Discussion in 'Globalization' started by paulfreespirit, Jun 26, 2006.

1. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

so what makes a soldier ? and what sort of soldier are you ?are you a soldier of war/peace ? who thinks for themselves ? a goverment soldier ? a hatefull soldier ? a loving soldier ? ..........for me a soldier do"s not wear fascist goverment uniforms" what uniform do you wear ? .........and now universal soldier -donovan ///////////// .........maybe more people should really tune into those lyrics ........peace to all the peace soldiers around the world .

2. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

I was working in a hippie shop in Woodstock last summer, and this song was one on a loop that just played over and over...I can still hear the lyrics in my sleep.

I tend to not think of myself in terms of a soldier. Not just because of the connotations of war, but because my dad was really into the "christian soldiers" militaristic jesus trip growing up, and I'm uncomfortable with the word, its connotations of conformity, militaristic thinking, violence, and intolerance.

3. Squirrel

Squirrel Member

I prefer the term "Space Monkey, thanks. Ever seen Fight Club?