Soil, wateing

Discussion in 'Organic Cannabis Growing' started by Gsmall, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Gsmall

Gsmall Member

Well this would be my first indoor attempt im wondering what the best soil combination would be, and how often should it be fed/watered. Im going to be using 6 26watt (100watt) bulbs on each plant is this too much or do i need more? and how much lighting should i give it?

2. wsiah

wsiah Member

Bio-bizz All-mix is a great soil. don`t feed them until they show deficiencies(yellow leaves etc.) And that should be plenty of light, but those cfls only give off good light at a close distance. So keep the lights within 2"-6" from the tops and keep them short.

3. Algreen

Algreen Member

I second this.

Dr. Earth soil is a great option too if you have it near you. Their soil contains quality organic matter with good aeration/water retention (Screen Forest Humus, Fir Bark Fines, Canadian Sphagum Peat Moss, and perlite), but they also contain seven beneficial microbial strains to increase root absorption and break down the organic matter into usable nutrients. The fertilizers were key as well during the flowering stage, providing all micro and macro nutrients with fish bone meal, feather meal, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, soft rock phosphate, fish meal, mined potassium sulfate, humic acid, and seaweed extract.

I use their potting soil with their tomato/veg fertilizer during the veg stage and switched to using their bud and bloom booster fert. during the flowering stage.

This combo has produced some super healthy plants without much else done to the soil. One thing I found though is that with indoor plants, you will need to use the fertilizers with a little higher/more frequent than recomended dosage on the package. Also, they have some liquid fertilzers that will act quickly if you notice some deficiency or slow growth during the flowering stage.