Social media question

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by 6-eyed shaman, Feb 11, 2019.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

At my job one of my responsibilities is to help promote the company by managing the social media accounts. It’s a very small company and I’m the only one with this responsibility. For the last 8 years I’ve deserted Facebook, and I use my personal Twitter and Gab accounts to follow the news only. So I’m trying to re-learn lots that I’ve forgotten about. I post pictures of our completed products that we ship out to customers, and they send us their action photos of them using the product as well.

My company has a competitor who makes knock off versions of our products. This competitor has been trying to undercut our customers by offering them lower prices by spamming their inboxes. We make the products faster than they can, and we make them domestically in our workshop, whereas the competitor is a one-man company who outsources all the production overseas.

I notice the competitor is LIKING my social media posts and tweets that advertise our product. Why would he do this? Is this a way to advertise himself through us?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It could be a common interest thing? Liking your stuff shows up on their feed too. I don't have a real answer sorry but I know that even with hobbies I'm into, we have rival teams and pages on Facebook and we always like and share each other's stuff.

3. lode

lode Banned

It's a form of SEO. The more like your product receives the higher is a factor in how it will eventually show up in web searches. My guess is that the more people know about your product, the thought is that they'll also learn about his product.

Is it automated? Like one or two minutes after you post no matter what time? I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Social Media and SEO: Do Social Shares Really Matter for Ranking?

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Very cool stuff. Thanks.

5. It must suck to live your life in competition with a peon.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Trying to suck you off for what he believes are brownie points I can only assume.