Soccor/ Football

Discussion in 'TV' started by winston Smiths Diary, Jan 27, 2005.

1. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

OK, Im english so when I say football I mean soccor to some of you guys!

Any way Ive just seen the Movie Football Factory, it was a OK film but my point is this:-

Why is it that in these movies English Football fans are always protrayed as hooligans?

Only a small majority of people are hooligans and most of the time there not actually football fans, they dont go to the match they just go for the trouble, but this is a very small percentage!

Myself and my Husbad are Newcastle United fans and season ticket holders, we have traveld all over England to watch the footie and never seen any trouble! its always a great atmosphere!

I think mabey americand and non UK people think all football fans are hooligans because this is how we are potrayed in movies!
    so, for the record, were not!

2. juggla

juggla Member

most us americans dont even think about soccer much less the fans

3. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

Hooliganism still happens in Bristol at least. The Briatol City fans have quite a reputation for being tough and there are always fights when they play at home. I know what you mean though, it is a tiny percentage of fans who misbehave. Its knid of dumb this film being released when there's so much fuss over computer games inciting violence. Films are definetley more influential in my opinion and this will only make the situation worse.

I'm guessing just because of our nations history of football hooliganism we are easy be used as a scapegoat. Also as its a British film, portraying foreign football fans as hooligans would cause offence in this politically correct world.

4. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

Sorry, i don't have much to comment - except that i agree with what juggla wrote...

5. Megara

Megara Banned

i have to agree with juggla, i think most americans put more thought into tying their shoes than they do into soccer, let alone soccer fans.

We're hearing more and more about soccer hooligans because its starting to happen here. They keep harping on what a bad influence you europeans are on us sweet innocent americans.

6. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

I hope the NRA isn't popular amongst American soccer fans. That would put European soccer riots to shame lol.

7. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

Thanks for your replys guys, just wonderd what other people thought!

But I guss your right, its like us english dont really care about american football!

It just hacks me off the way it is potrayed!

8. Megara

Megara Banned

nah, NRA attracts the nascar type.

Dont worry, we wont steal the lime light away from you guys on this distinct honor. [​IMG]