So ya wanna move to montana and be a mountain man do ya??

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippiehillbilly, Jan 29, 2009.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

say it with me now, DUMB ASSES!!!:p

Okla. woman freezes to death in remote Mont. cabin
    © 2009 The Associated Press
    Jan. 29, 2009, 9:36AM

MISSOULA, Mont. — A couple from Oklahoma that moved to Montana's rugged mountains for a cheap place to live apparently got caught off guard by a snowstorm, with the woman freezing to death in their remote cabin.

Her common-law husband, suffering from hypothermia and starving, was found propped up against her body, with an array of weapons spread in a half circle in front of him, authorities said.

Mickey Charlene Davis, 67, had probably been dead for about two weeks when authorities reached the cabin Jan. 13, Powell County Sheriff Scott Howard said.

The man, 44-year-old Jack McWhorter, had only a few bouillon cubes in his pocket, Howard said. Their two cats and two of their three dogs were also dead.

"They'd been in there for months, and they just flat ran out of food," Howard said. "They didn't have good clothing, they didn't have any firewood cut, and no way to even start a fire."

McWhorter was evacuated by snowmobile more than 20 miles, and spent several days in a hospital. He declined to talk about the ordeal Wednesday, the Missoulian newspaper reported.

Howard said McWhorter and Davis apparently had their eye on the inexpensive 20-acre lot when they arrived sometime early last year. They had some sort of agreement with the landowner but "didn't realize what they were getting into."

"They planned to live there year-round," Howard said. "They saw an ad and thought that would be wonderful place to be, with absolutely no knowledge what a mountain snowstorm can do."

No one had seen the couple for months, until neighbors who lived three miles away asked two snowmobilers to check on them. Howard said McWhorter told the snowmobilers to call authorities because his wife was dead.

Authorities gave Davis a county burial in Deer Lodge after attempts to locate her family were unsuccessful. Her driver's license listed her hometown as Salina, Okla.

Howard said McWhorter is too emotional to talk much, but the sheriff figures things got bad starting when snowstorms hit in late November.

He found McWhorter sitting on the floor against his wife's body, with the weapons nearby.

"I don't know if he was worried about us," Howard said. "... I don't know what was going through his head."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/6236477.html

2. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

If the wife and pets were dead anyway, then how is it that he almost starved to death?

3. broony

broony Banned

i remember being caught in a blizzard few years ago. it was a bit windy but if youd take a piss you'd have urine froze the moment it left your skin.

rest in peace. dying from freezing is a painless way to go. but it fucks with your mind.

4. hippiehillbilly

there are a lot of questions i have about this.
    the first one is knowing that a neighbor was only 3 miles away, why on earth didnt the 41 year old man pick a decent day and make the trudge through the snow for help??
    come on ya cant tell me in 2 months there wasnt a decent days weather..

5. hippiehillbilly

then theres,
    why didnt they have more supplies?
    why no firewood?
    why didnt they eat the animals?

once again,say it with me now, DUMB ASSES!!!

6. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I guess north central canada will be an even better place for me to head, and steer clear of these kinds of idiots. They will never make it up that far. Shit, they can't even survive in Montana.

7. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

I wonder if you can buy their place cheap now :rolleyes:. Hmmm... Montana.......

8. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I want to live in the Taiga

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps not so dumb :mad:

She’s 67 and he’s 44; I’m guessing there’s a life insurance policy out there with her common-law husband as sole heir :eek:

Hotwater

10. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

What was with the spread out weapons...he had absolutely NOTHING to steal...

11. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Taiga looks wonderful. That's where I'd want to starve & freeze. :cheers2:

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If he’s a man of high morals and conscience; he was trying protect the body of his dead wife [​IMG]

If not then he's simply nuts :eek:

Hotwater

13. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I said live

I'm not an incompetent dreamer

Anyone with half a brain can survive when survival mode kicks in

The problem is, I'm afraid the vast majority of people today have way way less than half a brain

14. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

huh? what did you say? :confused:

15. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

For example, people who will not eat their dead pets and wife, will starve...

16. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

exactly

and furthermore, he had all those guns.

there are loads of different animals that re re could have shot

17. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

some people just don't seem to have the survival mentality.

18. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

thats more mooses for me to shoot

[​IMG]

19. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

hey speaking of shooting, we're getting rifles & guns soon... and I'm gonna learn to shoot. :cheers2:

20. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

don't shoot towards me

I shoot back