So WTF does it all mean?!

Discussion in 'DMT' started by Tokapelli, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Tokapelli

Tokapelli Member

So i see alot of discussions here about how to get it, make it, smoke it, and what happens after all that. What i dont see, maybe im just not looking hard enough, is discussion about what it all means, i mean seriously, what is this stuff!? I know all we have right now are theorys, thats probably all well ever have, but id like to know what you guys think. I mean, you cant just say, well its simple, you smoke it, trip nuts for 5 minutes and thats that, thats all. I dont think anybody that has experinced it could say that unless they were really good at lieing to themselves.

what are the implications of this, where did i go, who was there? WTF! im probaly overthinking this, but sometimes that helps me appreciate how simple things are, lol its a paradox like everything else.

So my ego desprately wants to take that experience and put it in a box, labeled nicely and organized, where everything makes sense. It wants to think about it with logic and reason, but most of the time that doesnt get you very far with this type of thing.

I want some sort of explanation i guess, but all we can do is sit here and speculate all day. I would like to believe that all of these questions will be answered when i die, but I know better now. All of our questions will never be answered, becasue with every answer comes a few more questions. Sometimes that thought is comforting, because if there are always questions to be answered we can never get bored. But at the same time it seems kind of creul, like im climbing a mountain with no summit.

My best guess about it, considering that any living thing in the universe can make it, is that it may be like a way of universal communication. Or a way of the planet, or the plants on this planet to communicate with us. A way to help us evolve before we destroy the place.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I have two theories about it. From a strictly scientific view I think it's your brain overcompensating for accepting a substance it normally 'knows' should be processed before reaching the blood-brain barrier so It tries to make sense of it by projecting random images/shapes/feelings that it would think it normally should process but miscalculates if you will. The same could be said for Salvia as that's usually broken down when consumed orally as well. Even if there was anything in the realm of validity with this theory I think the experience is still extremely valuable regardless.

My mystic theory is that it's just the right frequency to turn us on to whatever that dimension is. It is a extremely perfected alien place for me and I often see things that I know I've never seen before, it's much more complete than I find the distortions of reality that I can attribute to LSD and mushrooms, Although the lower doses of DMT sort of visually mimic the experiences I've had with mushrooms and LSD. But the higher doses are so rapid fire my mind does not process it at all so I have practically little to none belief that's its some subconscious phenomenon going on with DMT. So with this mystic theory DMT to me is bascially an 'alien flashlight' that we chase like the way a cat/dog chase a flashlight on the wall, it's a mirage we perceive but has a real source projecting it.

3. Tokapelli

Tokapelli Member

^"it's a mirage we perceive but has a real source projecting it"

Thats a really good way to put it, and i know what you mean when you say its much more complete that with lsd or mushrooms. The second time i went into a dome, but it was really small, like a personal dome, right in front of my face, in complete detail. I really felt like i could reach out and touch it.

What about the geometric hallucinations? I think there is obviously some connection with sacred geometry. I started looking into it after my first experience (wasnt really intrested in it before that). There is like a geometric grid that everything in the universe aligns to. The way a sea shell spirals, the way lightning splits up, the way trees branch out, the way our bodies are structured, everything. Its almost like its the blueprint to creation or something, maybe this is what we are seeing.

4. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

Everything on out planet contains DMT. EVERYTHING. When we sleep our brains produce DMT. When we die our brains produce DMT. Coincidence? No. No one knows what happens after 'death'. If somehow we knew, maybe we would have a better understanding of not only the reason for DMT but a better understanding of ourselves, and possibly existence itself. No one knows if DMT occurs anywhere else other than earth but in my own theory, I believe it does.

Now, There are astounding accounts of people seeing or feeling the presence of beings/entities while in hyperspace. Perhaps these 'life forms' and the space you are in while under the influence of DMT is in fact 'heaven'/'afterlife'/what have you. The pool in which each of our 'souls' return to after death. Whether or not these 'souls' are reincarnated or are complete beings of their own I have no opinion on and would like that to remain a grand mystery to me. This form, a human, is a temporary vessel for our consciousness. I do believe that this human vessel can evolve. It's the nature of our planet. But that is another story.

Everything that we know of exists for a reason. Some of those reason's are unknown, some of those reason's are known, and some of those reason's are beyond our comprehension. Also, everything is endlessly connected.

That is human nature. To want to know why everything works. We tinker, take apart, examine, and endlessly scour away trying to find out why. Just let go and take it all in. Behold the awe and wonder of the unknown and KNOW you will one day understand it all. I know in this day and age waiting is the hardest thing to do. We are hardwired for instant gratification but you have to remember that the universe doesn't work that way and neither does DMT.

I am not trying to come off as a guru and I am sure me saying this will cause a lot of people to blow off everything I have said but I have never done DMT. I will not pretend that I have or that I know first hand what an experience is like but this kind of thinking goes beyond the use of DMT. I have many of days of psychedelic use under my belt as well and more time and effort spent on research than I have ever put forth towards anything else in my life.

5. PassionateChemist

PassionateChemist Member

I was trying it to label it and put it away in a box somewhere in my head aswell, like I try with everything. But after a couple of days I come to realise that this experience cannot be put into a box.

The DMT experience is amazing, but the way it effects you life and your perception of everything around you is even more amazing. I broke through on my fourth time trying DMT, and it changed my life. I feel more in peace with everything around me, little things that used to bother me alot don't bother me at all. I feel like 'I've seen the light', and nothing can take that away from me. I feel so peacefully.

You should read the book from Dr. R. Strassman, it's really inspiring. He found out back in his college days, an amazing coincidence. Buddhists believe in reincarnation; life after death. They believe that after you die, your soul or how you want to call it, goes to a place called Bardo. After 49 days they believe you are reincarnated.
    Now, when a human dies, the body releases tremendous amount of stress hormones into the blood stream. The defense system of the pineal gland (the gland probably responsible for producing DMT) gets override by these stress hormones, and huge amounts of DMT are released. So you're tripping on DMT in your last moments of a human being. This may refer to the place called Bardo. Now listen to this; the moment a fetal body has a pineal gland, and therefore supposedly produces DMT for the first time, is after 7 weeks of fertilization. That is exactly 49 days. Coincidence? Determine that for yourself.

Don't try and put your DMT experience in a box, process it in your head. Try to feel the love it has given you. Go outside, look around. Look at the world and feel how you are part of it. It has given me tremendous euphoria. It has definetely improved my life.

6. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

Great post.

I also recommend reading Dr Strassman's book THEN watch the documentary.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

While all these ideas about DMT being connected with the afterlife, dying, birth process, and heavy rem sleep are all quaint and nice, there has not been a single piece of evidence to suggest their validity. Strassman was/is a practicing Buddhist so there is a significant bias with these hypothesis.

From an experience standpoint and what I've heard others say about it reminding them of dreaming states, I find salvia divinorum every bit as a possibility of afterlife states and a much less reassuring one at that. Much like DMT, Salvia tends to get stranger and stranger upon repeated exposure but many dont stick with it past a couple uses. There are a few other psychedelics that certainly can be added among these ranks so DMT is not alone in producing the other worldly/nde experience.

8. Tokapelli

Tokapelli Member

^very good point, but hard evidence like that tends to rely heavily on logic and reason. Logic and reason can only get you so far. I think we have approached the edge of reason, scientists are going to have to admit that not everything makes sense. Not everything can be put into a nice organized table or a chart.

9. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

This right there is what I want.

And that 49 day thing is absolutely mind blowing. I had read something similar.

10. smokincat

smokincat Member

do not play with this stuff. Learn yoga instead.

11. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Why is the 49 days significant?

12. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Well it's only significant if you believe in the DMT/Reincarnation/soul link (if that makes any sense).

I just think its a really cool ''coincidence''

13. Tokapelli

Tokapelli Member

my girlfriend was pretty freaked out by it too. Im deffinitely not playing, its not something i take lightly. I have a very deep respect for it. What made you feel this way though, was it a personal experience?

14. floes

floes Senior Member

It goes far beyond the human mind, your trying to comprehend something of a different dimension, with something of this dimension. a dmt experiance goes beyond the human mind, its on an entirely new operating level. it is the soul.

one of my greatest struggles with dmt was being able to let go of myself, being able to move past asking what "it" was, what does "it" mean, how does this work, what is this?!

when your deep in an experiance your mind is trying to process it, but you dont have to think and process it, dont struggle it, just relax and let it take you, and fallow it.

there has been times ive faced entitys that have denyed me, ones that laughed at me for hitting the pipe and not being able to let go, for not being able to fully let myself undergo the entire experience with out my mind getting in the way trying to figure out what it all is, trying to classify what things are. ive faced playful ones who want me to go, ones who tease me and ones who are even communicated anger and frustration at the fact that im not going to let go of my body and undergo to full experience..

ive had ones that communicated almost said to me "if you keep asking the question you have no time to see the answer" and so from there i just stopped asking, it was beautiful and i really was able to go deeper into a full on experience and truly understand. the only way to understand this is by moving past this world and fulling indulging yourself within the experience of the dmt nexus.

its all about soul

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't think we have even cracked the tip to explain these experiences with logic and reason. Dmt was only discovered in the 1950's in western science for psychoactive use I believe and the first scientific paper on it I believe was posted in 1970, A year later it was made illegal. There have been very few scientific studies on Salvia Divininorum as well.

Ill readily admit and this is why I posit 2 theories in response to your post, I don't think these experiences can be replicated in any other way. No amount of yoga, meditation, sensory deprivation is going to replicate a dmt trip imo though there are some similarities perhaps and some of the goals or lessons learned may be the same, so with that in mind I think science would have to provide a pretty thorough and convincing explanation of the workings of DMT.

16. Tokapelli

Tokapelli Member

^ I agree, i think psychedelics can be used with those techniques for even better results and deffinitely better understanding of the results, but those techniques could never replace them. People try to make it sound like these amazing gifts from god are obsolete because you can just meditate or do yoga, i dont buy that. I do love meditation. Never did yoga though, looks kinda painful but im sure it would be a great experience. I think things like that, and other ancient practices (like Taoism) can provide a very good structure or a solid base that can really help in the processing, understanding and integration of your experiences into your daily life.

17. Tokapelli

Tokapelli Member

thanks for that, thats awesome. It is a paradox just like everything else, the second you stop trying so hard to understand it all somehow makes sense.

18. trypting

trypting Member

DMT is a waste of time, it wont answer our questions. even if it does how do you know it's true. and even if your questions were answered how much happier of a person would that make you? DRUGS are a waste of time. people are ALLWAYS talking about how these mysterious drug experiences have changed them, but are people really soooo stupid that they have to take mind altering drugs to make them learn things they could have learned sober????!!!!one of the most precious things in life is love. there are many that love, we should be with them, even if you don't feel you may love them back. learn to love. LOVE MAN! drugs are just gonna make you want more drugs, and it's going to be an endless cycle until you've had such a horrible experience that you just stop doing them.!!!

19. Tokapelli

Tokapelli Member

^ i think your in the wrong forum buddy, lol.

to each their own. I agree with you when it comes to some drugs, like heroin or meth or alchohol. They are all proven to be highly addictive and destructive, and usually promote the same repetitive self destructive behavior. Psychedelics, as anyone who has any personal experience with them will tell you, do not promote repetitive self destructive behavior. They do pretty much the opposite, making the person see himself from a 3rd person perspective, without all the nice walls he puts up to protect himself. This kind of insight helps people realize what they are doing, become more aware of their desicions. Television is more destructive to society than psychedelics. The average american spends what, 4-5 hours just sitting in front of that box soaking in all that brain washing propaganda? Television fits the description of an addictive drug way better than any psychedelic. I better stop i could go on forever about this

20. trypting

trypting Member

I never said psychedelics were bad........ they arn't. I'm just saying not to get too obsessed by what you see or hear. because it's going to take a lot out of you BELIEVE ME. I smoked dmt dozens of times in my life and I can tell you what you learn on it is not what the truth is. no one knows the truth. your just gonna end up being lied to over and over again by these beings. have you not read anything from terrance mckenna? even he thinks that it's not worth it to be so obsessed with the things you learn on dmt. just like FLOES said. he/she couldn't see the beauty in DMT until she completely let go. and that what you have to do, just let go of whateve intrigued you so much, because as long as you have dmt you can just visit that place again.