so what started your interest in healthy eating

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Samhain, May 14, 2006.

1. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

this is mainly directed at Nimh, but everyone else feel free to answer.
    it seems to be a real passion for you, so much so that your forum is about it, has this always been the case?
    just curious, do tell me to mind my own business!
    S

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

me? it's because sad (standard american diet) made me very sick. i almost went blind, i'm dealing with multiple hormonal disorders, fertility issues and a near miss with diabetes. hopefully i made enough changes early enough to reverse the damage that was done and live a long and healthy life.

and because i have a mildly autistic child who functions so much better on a special diet that excludes gluten, dairy (casein), soy, corn, artificial colourings, artificial flavourings and preservatives.

ps, great thread idea! :)

3. Samhain

Thankyou!
    S

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

After I had my oldest son, I did a lot of reading about health and nutrition because I wanted to be sure he was getting all the right nutrients, and in the process, I adopted a much healthier eating plan for my husband and I. I also saw the results of what a good, healthy diet could do for you as compared to what I was eating before that. I think that once you take the step to eat healthier, and you really experiment with foods, spices, things like that, you just don't want to go back to the unhealthy stuff, it just doesn't taste as good, plus it makes you feel like crap.

I became even more into nutrition while expecting my twins. I was determined to cook up some healthy babies, and being high risk, I wanted to make sure that both they and myself were getting what we needed. ;)

5. Samhain

what do you mean being high risk?
    S

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Carrying a multiple pregnancy. They automatically slap you with a high risk warning. ;)

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

wow, eating for two was hard enough, i cant imagine eating for three! :)

8. Samhain

I dunno I do it most nights :D
    S