so today...

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by oilymoily, May 4, 2007.

1. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

someone asked me if I smoke marijuana... just because I have dreads. which just convinces me that non-dreadies are goofy :) they confuse dreadhead with pothead... not that I have anything against potheads [​IMG]

2. egle

egle Member

me2, but then i do........... quite of alot of dreaded ppl do , but lots of short haired people do, LOTS OF PEOPLE DO DONT ASUME WE DO lol.. t

3. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

I don't know, people thought I was a pothead looonnnng before I started my locks. I kind of dress the part I guess, I talk like a pothead (imagine a female Mitch Hedberg, but not quite so monotone and without the cali accent.) I've been told.

So yeah. :)

They are silly, they think we all have pot on us. Yeah, like I carry a bag in my purse.

4. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

meh
    I was asked that b4 I got me dreadies and not really so much now... but then I don't smoke anymore so I wonder if I was putting off a vibe b4

5. egle

egle Member

yea u realy do,, I gave up ganga for a week and my m8 was like " Greg,, you look, and are acting, realy differnet, like your not ill" rofl its realy nice but it changes you and people can tell ur a scumy stoner,

and i always look da part, cant help it

6. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

the only part about smokin I miss is how it helped with my headaches
    but oh well.... till I get a prescription or it becomes legal I have to keep my children's best interest in mind

yay to all who can get away with smokin tho... mmm weed :)

7. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

I guess I look the part, wasn't surprised I was asked... I don't mind, just found it amusing :)

8. egle

egle Member

im in the UK, getting in trouble aint realy that bad, and nice one, i would giv up if i had kids, and your bettering yourself. but im a aderlesent teenager who is set to enjoy himself until he has to get a job, kids, a family and maybe mature abit, :D

tho if u smoke it eavryday and to much it becomes boring and so do you, I try and have fun on when smokin it and be a more fun person.

9. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

ok .. I'm soo excusing myself from this conversation
    on the grounds that I'm starting to think about how sweet it was to tuck my lil ones in for the night then sit and relax with a smoke and a sketch pad... grrrr.. laws suck.. or correction that very specific law sucks ;)

10. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

i don't smoke pot anymore but a few das ago i was asked if i had any weed based on the fact that i look like a stoner. i admit i talk like one. and it might have been the clothes i was wearing. but yeah i dunno if it's vibes or if some people just assume becasue of the way you dress

11. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i get that alll the time. nobody believes im not a stoner.

12. egle

egle Member

erm, supose some1 who thought in a more steyo typical may, would just see what the person looks like, think, dreads bob marley weed, and ask. Some1 who looked at a person more deepy would be able to tell, Tho if people have been a stoner then they may act more like 1 who still is. then some1 who has never tryed it.

bit like you can spot a complete pill head a mile off.

13. sped

sped Member

I bought a donut and they gave me a receipt for the donut... I don't need a receipt for the donut. I give you money and you give me the donut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a donut. To some skeptical friend, Don't even act like I didn't buy a donut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D". -Mitch Hedberg RIP

Hahaha I love that guy...

One time some friends and I were walking around Freo (a very "cultured" town near where I live) and there were these skaterish boganish people behind us and one of them was saying shit to us like "why dont you go smoke some pot and hug some trees you fucking hippies." He was trying to say it so we couldnt hear but so his friends could I guess, probably to make himself sound cool?

14. beautifulhippie2

beautifulhippie2 TyeDyeChicka!

15. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Fuck yeah! Know where I keep my pastry documentation? In a spray-n-wash safe...yeah. I didn't realize that I talked like him/acted like him until I made my friends watch his comedy central thing and they pointed it out to me...my favorite joke is about the mumbling. I totally relate. People can't hear and make me repeat things, and I end up yelling stuff like "THAT TREE IS FAR AWAY!"

aahhh, the Hedberg. Amazing how few people actually know of him anymore. I spread the Mitch whenever I can. He was/is amazing.

See, I've never gotten negative reactions...Hip-ness is kind of scene where I am, which bothers me sometimes...I get unwelcome attention. It's positive attention, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the frat/sorority people just like me because they figure I'll bring weed. Which is not true. You would have to be very close to me...or a hippie type person.

I don't like being liked like that...and I don't like that all of the sudden I'm considered trendy.

People are downright shocked when I tell them I'm not a stoner. I mean, I'm up for it once in a while...but I don't wake'n'bake or do it regularly or anything.

16. Silver Shadow

Silver Shadow Member

I get that too. It sucks! I dont even smoke at all.

17. Guest543

Guest543 Member

I naturally look like a pothead, I imagine dreads will only make me look moreso. But guess what, I couldn't care less what people think about me. If I cared, would I be going through this hoirrble nooby dread-phase? =P

But yea, I never smoked, never will. Although I have plenty of friends that do, lol.