So there's this girl...

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by Pax, May 18, 2007.

1. Pax

Pax Member

OK, I know this has probably come up quite a few times, but here goes. I'm bi by the way.

So there's this girl I like and I thought that was it. I'd have to like her from afar, thinking she was straight. But today, we were doing happy pages at Ranger (Guides for 14-25 year olds) and she'd drawn the male symbol, the circle with the arrow you know? with the female one linkied through it. I thought there'd be no way I'd know without asking, so I just joked and said "oh yeah, guys and girls eh?" And she said "maybe" quite quietly, but also in a bit of a jokey way and gave me a look that I can only describe as "weird". If I'd have given that look to someone after that "conversation" it would have meant "yes I'm bi, please don't tell loads of people" but I'm not very good at reading other people's emotions. So I don't know what to do. Obviously, I can't just go up to her and ask, but I don't know how to bring it up in conversation, bearing in mind I'm not gonna see her for a week now.

Any ideas?

2. MagicFlyingSaucer

MagicFlyingSaucer Member

Why do we always find ourselves in these situations?! :) My advice would probably be just to flirt with her a little bit and see if you get a response. Even if you don't, it might bring you closer together and she might feel like she can tell you about her sexuality. I hope it works out! xx

3. Pax

Pax Member

Thanks, I'm just a bit worried I'll muck it up, cos she's the first girl I've really liked more that just a little bit...if that makes sense lol

4. MagicFlyingSaucer

MagicFlyingSaucer Member

Don't worry about mucking up. If you really like her then chances are you'll send out the signals without even having to think about it, simple things like looking at her and really listening when she talks. I told a friend that I like her just the other day and she said she'd known for ages just because of my body language. So don't worry, just be yourself, and good luck! xx

5. Pax

Pax Member

Thanks muchly! *breathes slowly*

6. dutch

dutch Member

Invite her over sometime and "let" the conversation "swing" toward sex. Make sure you'll be alone for a while and if it starts getting tedious, change the subject. You'll know pretty quickly.

7. Pax

Pax Member

Wooh! I was talking to her the other day and she told me she was bi, so told her I was too. She's kinda seeing this guy at the moment though, so I'll have to wait. The thing is she's older than me too and about to go off to university...oh well!

8. hitomi

hitomi Member

just like me!
    but i guess all you have to do is to give it a try, i've been through this too with a gyu but it didn't end up the way i wanted it, anyway!
    may be you're luckier than me!
    peace!

9. hitomi

hitomi Member

wounderful!
    you are luckier than me!