So Prince Harry's a Nazi, eh?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by fickdichskkip, Jan 13, 2005.

1. fickdichskkip

fickdichskkip Banned

What I find interesting about the whole uproar surround his, well, lack of judgement (me, personally, I think he know what he was doing), is the fact that the Royal Family itself was involved in Eugenics prior to World War II, and I believe even supported Eugenics institutes in Germany. The fact that members of the Royal Family are racist should come as no surprise.

2. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

it was all a bad joke i think. they might as well put a disclaimer at the start of the indiana jones movies about men in nazi uniform and we're sorry to offend anyone. this is about as stupid as janet's nipple.

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

If it's just a joke, which I think it is, it's pretty damn funny, imo... kinda like that movie, where the Jewish guy went as Hitler on halloween... haha i dont know..

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I'm not shocked or interested in the british family enough to care.

He should OD... that'd show me.

5. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

I wish I cared enough to have any clue as to what's being talked about. If he is oh well. If he's not. Oh well. Personally I don't care what they do or think.

6. ChiefCowpie

ChiefCowpie hugs and bugs

ROYAL NAZI SHOCKER

By ANDY SOLTIS

The incident follows a series of embarrassments to Britain's royal family, which has tried to downplay its historic connection to Germany and much-gossiped-about ties to Hitler.

A U.S. intelligence report released in 2003 said King Edward VIII, later the Duke of Windsor, was viewed by Hitler as the only person he could negotiate with during World War II.

Edward, the uncle of Harry's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, was believed to be Hitler's choice to rule Britain as a figurehead once Germany won the war.

Also, Harry's grandfather Prince Philip created an uproar in 1986 when he addressed German Chancellor Helmut Kohl as "reichskanzler" — Hitler's title.

In 1985, it was revealed that the father of Prince Michael of Kent, Harry's cousin, was a Nazi party member. Members of Philip's family also have been identified as Nazis.

The royal family — much of which is descended from German stock — changed its name to the House of Windsor from the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha during World War I.

7. yesplease

yesplease Member

eh personally i think he did it as a joke..........

and just didn't use his common sense to realize people were gonna jump all over him for this.

maybe a little too much kb? lol ;-)

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

As far as I am concerned, the Royal Family are a bunch of Nazis.

9. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Why the fuck does everyone care so much?

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

it was a costume party...who cares

11. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

thats a special kind of stupid.

12. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

The news this morning failed to mention that. I think they just forgot. *With most sarcasm possible*
    Oh, and MoonjavaSeed I don't know who that person in your sig is but I agree with you, she's sexy.

13. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

welp, the news here said it, but then quickly changed the subject to him saying sorry and people demanding a public apology and what not...

14. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/15924727?source=Evening Standard

Touchy subject of royal links with Nazi Germany

London Evening Standard | January 13 2005

Linked by blood but twice divided by war, the royal family's relationship with Germany, its people and its troubled history has long been a sensitive one. The photograph of Prince Harry wearing a swastika has echoes of one particularly disturbing incident involving the family, one which seared itself into the British collective memory - that of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor meeting Adolf Hitler in 1937.

The ex-King Edward VIII and his wife were known sympathisers of the Nazis and their policies, a feeling shared by a large number of British aristocrats who admired the way Hitler was dealing with the Communists.

The Nazis regarded the duke, who had abdicated over his affair with divorced American Wallis Simpson, as a potential ally and a possible head of state for a subjugated Britain.

But his flirting with Hitler's regime threatened to undermine years of work by the royal family to distance themselves from their German roots.

The modern royal family was founded in 1840 when Queen Victoria married Albert of Saxe-Coburg, a Germany duchy, creating The House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Such was the ill-feeling towards all things German during the First World War that in 1917 Victoria's grandson King George V - an honorary Field Marshal in the German army - thought it prudent to renounce the German name and titles and adopt that of Windsor.

It was a masterful PR exercise, replacing the Teutonic surname with that of a quintessentially home counties town.

His son Edward VIII once declared: "There is not one drop of blood in my veins that is not German." Both he and George VI were bilingual in German and English.

Throughout the Twenties and Thirties, the royals were steadfastly opposed to conflict with their ancestral fatherland. Indeed George V's wife Queen Mary always maintained that Britain had "backed the wrong horse" in 1914.

His son's meeting with Hitler threatened irrevocably to undermine the royal family's support among their subjects.

It took the Queen Mother's steadfastness in the face of German bombs and her visit to the East End during the Blitz to restore public faith in the family.

The Windsors' links with Germany remained a touchy subject however. There was embarrassment in the Eighties when Princess Michael of Kent's father, Baron Gunther von Reibnitz, was exposed as a former Nazi party member and SS officer.

Less well known is the fact that one of Prince Philip's sisters, Sophie, was married to Christopher of Hesse-Cassel, an SS colonel who named his eldest son Karl Adolf in Hitler's honour. Indeed, all four of Philip's sisters married high-ranking Germans.

The prospect of the former Nazis and Nazi sympathisers attending his wedding to the Queen meant he was allowed to invite only two guests.

15. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

It was a costume party for chrissakes... people wear all kinds of costumes at costume parties, Halloween, or the local equivalent that's celebrated in your country. Devils, witches (the evil kind, not meaning wiccans are :)), chainsaw murderers, and for the past several years Moslim terrorists and even Bin Laden... Evil guys are always at least as popular or more so than good guys when dressing up... that doesn't mean we're all satanists, wicked witches, chainsaw murderers and Moslim terrorists in real life, or even remotely sympathise with them.
    Yes, Harry should've realised that, being a member of the Royal Family, it probably wasn't a smart thing to do since of course the media would love to blow it out of all proportion (and of course some papers/news stations would 'forget' to mention it was a picture taken at a costume party) but other than that I don't see anything wrong with it. The newspaper running the picture was the Sun -need I say more?

16. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

This one was a bit of a shock, to me. And after the initial shock it just made me angry.

Some say it was a "bad joke." No. Sorry. There are some "bad jokes" that EVERYONE is just too smart to make -- UNLESS, they really feel it. You know, "Truths are often said in jest."

Where did Harry get the swastika armband, and the shirt? Do people just have those lying around?? If he didn't have them already -- which would most certainly be a rather fucked-up thing -- he would have to have either gone out to get them, or made them himself. And all of that would have had to mean this was considered for a long time -- not a momentary thing.

Once someone has screwed up this big, THIS OFFENSIVELY, in a place so vividly mindful of the nazi menace, I don't think he deserves a second chance. I really don't. There is no excusing this one. Some royal biographer said in a news story that the kid is just making kid mistakes, and give him a break, he's still traumatized by his mother's death and is acting out. Nope. Sorry, this goes WAY beyond that. He KNOWS he is seen by MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. A different standard applies to him, and of ALL things, dressing up in NAZI REGALIA?! What's next, the queen in blackface?

-Jeffrey

17. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

You know why he does these things? HE'S A KID!!!
    He lost his mother when he was like 10, his father is an idiot who pays him no attention, his grandmother didn't treat his mother very well.......the list goes on. He is enjoying the attention if you ask me...the magazines and newspapers only care about him when he pulls his little stunts, otherwise it's "William this and William that". And he sure doesn't get any attention at home....

He's filthy rich and never going to be king. He's gonna do whatever he wants. I sure as hell would, too.

18. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

I imagine costume stores/rental places have them. A few moment's of Googling on 'nazi costume rental' came up with several places. People *do* like to dress up as bad guys, and of course there's more than a few movies & plays with Nazi's in them, too. Or should actors also not be allowed to wear these things?

Re-enactment groups also have German uniforms; working in a history theme park we got German soldiers running around one weekend every year. WW2 isn't one of our regular periods but we have this big weekend of all Dutch Living History groups, and there's some WW2 guys in there as well.. most are allied forces but it's a bit boring to re-enact a battle with no one to fight, so yes there are some Germans as well. Of course, the good guys *do* win. :)

That is true. He should've known there would be pictures and stories that would take his costume out of context. But I strongly disagree with the idea there's anything wrong with dressing up as *any* kind of bad guy within the context of a costume party, play, movie or re-entactment.

19. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

little turd really showed royal family for who they really are .a bunch of fuck/n nazi / lazy fuck n horrible fucken parasites man . god save the queen my arse... signed prince fuck?n charlie and the chocolate factory. i care 4 peace

20. fickdichskkip

fickdichskkip Banned

Actually, I strongly disagree with this. In fact, Princess Di was the idiot among his parents. When you look at all the admiration that she has received, it all has to do with he (supposed) beauty, her grace, charm, etc. I've never heard anyone ever refer to her as intelligent and intellectual. Never. Well, what do you expect from a daycare worker? (Moreover, all of her antics showed her to be a petty, vindictive, kniving, shrewish bitch, and it's no wonder that Charles sought refuge with a women more to his intellectual level--and his first true love. Moreover, Di instigated the problems with The Queen, and got treated accordingly.) The Prince of Wales, on the other hand, has received an excellent education, and is a learned man with knowledge on a vast number of issues and topics. And I hardly think that he hasn't shown any attention to his sons at all--it is is duty to guide and instruct them--and when they do make stupid mistake, discipline them as well--and I think he's done this job as expected of him.