So people are afraid of the Women's Issues

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Super_Grrl, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Woah woah woah...ok this isn't what I'm talking about, like I've never felt all toxic and negative here...I'm saying what other people have said to ME, that's all. Personally I love it here, I think all these women (AND MEN TOO) are awesome and unique and definitely a place worth hanging out.

As for the calling myself a feminist thing, to me it's just a word, it's a language thing, not a meaning thing. I'm a woman, that's what I see myself as.

2. Megara

Megara Banned

Who determines what exactly feminism or any ideology is exactly?

I dont see why people get hungup on titles. They are pointless and only serve to divide people.

3. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

A new reason I don't like it here = BrownTripleQQ

4. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Hmmm. I think there are a lot of good comments made here. Yummy, please be nice to Michael, even if you don't agree with him, he did nothing to you. He has a right to be here.

Juggs, I moved BrownTripleQQ's sex posts to the appropirate forum, Love and Sex.

I think there was an invasion of trolls (maybe no more than America Attacks or Vege or Politics, but they have some people who are afraid to post there, too.) a month or so ago, we seem to have it under control, as well as can be expected.

I do think some people who don't spend a lot of time here have some misconceptions about not only feminism, but this forum in general and womyn in particular.

JMO.

5. dotadave

dotadave Member

I should clarify, I post alot in the threads that are about the political, cultural, and philosophical issues. There isn't much I can do in the Vagina Techinical Support threads.

6. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

LOL! That was funny Stilanas. VTS threads.

7. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

That's just it, Stilanas. I bet a lought of guys think the whole forum IS "Vagina Technical Support" (that's great btw lol) That's probably the other reason guys are hesitant to hang out with us....